Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicken Parmesan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philihp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Chicken Parmesan Reply with quote

anyone have a good method for creating this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken Parmesan
Ok... this one is DEFINITELY some work... not hard.... just a lot of prep and clean up..... but you WILL thank me later!

INGREDIENTS:

Four Large Chicken Breast halves pounded fairly flat (about 1/4")
Four Thick slices of PROVOLONE Cheese (about 1/8" or so)
1/2 cup Seasoned Flour (add parsley, basil, salt, pepper)
1 cup or so Italian Bread Crumbs (add parsley, basil, salt, pepper)
2 Eggs beaten with 1/4 tsp. water
1 cup Grated Romano Cheese
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Chopped Parsley
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Jar of your favorite RED pasta sauce (I use Prego Traditional and add sugar to taste)
Olive Oil

***NOTE... on the Jar of pasta sauce.... be sure it is a MARINARA type red sauce NOT one with meat added... ***

DIRECTIONS:

NOTE: Once breaded, the chicken breasts will need time to rest and dry out a bit.... plan on an hour at least.

In separate bowls have ready your egg wash, your seasoned flour, and your bread crumbs. By the way..... you know the Parmesan and Romano cheese you have "sitting there?"... Throw a hand full into the egg wash and the seasoned bread crumbs and mix well.

Rinse flattened chicken breasts and dredge in seasoned flour and lay on a bakers rack.

Dip floured breast into egg wash and cheese mixture.... coat thoroughly.

Immediately transfer breast to bread crumb/cheese mixture... turn and pat until well coated and lay breast on bakers rack.

Repeat until all breasts are coated and resting on racks to dry out.

When ready to cook...

Put your red Sauce in a sauce pan and begin to warm it up...

Turn oven on low.....

Heat a large saute pan on medium high and add Olive oil to cover bottom of pan.... when the oil is fragrant, saute one or two breasts at a time.... do NOT over crowd. You will only need about three or four minutes per side (if that) to get a nice golden brown. Be careful not to over cook! When done.... transfer breast to serving platter and place in a warm oven. Repeat until all breast are cooked.

Spoon some of the sauce over the breasts and add sliced provolone cheese over the top of the sauce.... sprinkle with your Parmesan/Romano cheese mixture and place under the broiler.

Take the remaining sauce and spread on plates where the Chicken Parmesan will rest.... pull the breasts out from under the broiler just as the provolone melts and the parmesan/romano starts to brown. With a Metal spatula transfer each breast and lay on top of the sauce you have already placed on the plate.

Sprinkle with FRESH chopped Parsley and VOILA!

I usually serve with spaghetti tossed with leftover sauce.
BigTex71

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I posted without logging in.

I usually serve the above recipe with this great recipe:

Italian Sugar Snap Peas

I love this veggies' simplicity, ease of preperation and it's downright tasty to boot!

I usually use the frozen sugar snap peas since they are rarely in season. Doing them this way.... you will hardly notice.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Bag (12oz.?) Sugar Snap Peas
2Tbs. water
2Tbs. Unsalted (sweet cream) butter
1Tbs. Granulated Sugar
1Tbs. Dried Sweet Basil
1Tbs. FRESH chopped Parsley

Over very low heat melt butter.... add all other ingredients and toss to mix. Cover and turn off heat. When starting to cook the Chicken Parmesan, turn on heat to medium low and leave covered. When you plate the Chicken, the snap peas will be ready... toss a couple of times to coat evenly and serve.

It's just THAT simple..... and yummy?..... YOU BETCHA!!!

(These recipes originated from another discussion group I post on at av123forum.com. The forum is not cooking related, but it has a large thread about cooking and great recipes.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum