Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Baked Cinnamon Apple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a site you might be interested in. Grace Christian School

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even faster and easier - core a whole apple - put a tsp of butter, a T of sugar and a 1/2tsp of sugar into the core with apples in a shallow baking dish (like a pie plate) bake at 325 for 30 min. serve and eat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: new twist on a good idea Reply with quote

I have an apple tree in my backyard full of tart apples, wondering what to do with them. I am not an engineer but I love to cook. My finace loves to grill things, and I think I will try this today.
To the author of this site.... you are a very creative person- kodos-
thanks for helpin'. Cool
pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick oats work well in them too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Baked apple Reply with quote

This is a delicious and easy-to-prepare treat!

By the way, I love your blog.
james hinnan t(guest)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: boy scout handbook Reply with quote

the boy scout handbook has a similar recipe, with a cored apple filled with Redhot candies, cooked over a campfire.
ChefRonnie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Bakes Apples Reply with quote

As a variation on the baked apple theme,

1. Slice the top off the apples.
2. Hollow out core and some flesh with the small end of a melon baller. Do not break out at the bottom of the apple - leave a good half-inch. Make sure you get all the pips and hard bits.
3. Fill with butter, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, brown sugar, butter, raisins, sugared chopped dates, etc. be inventive.
4. Spray aerosol butter on the top and on the sides of apple,
5. Roll lid and apple carefully in white granulated sugar.
6. Bake at 375F.
7. When the outside of the apple has caramelised, remove and serve with English custard.

Pardon my slurps!

Chef Ronnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: For additional "substance" Reply with quote

For a twist: try sauteeing some really good sausage, dfrain well mix with brown sugar or whatever spices you prefer.

cover with foil, bake, and serve with cheese available as an added topping if desired by individual tastes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: tastey Reply with quote

Tastey and incredibly easy. My father used to make the same thing when I was a kid, but he used the cored apple technique (mentioned by several others).

I am unusually slow when it comes to prep work, but I almost had the entire dessert ready for the oven before it even finished pre-heating! A definite do-again.
bbarrick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: baked apples Reply with quote

a little lemon wouldn't hurt!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done something similar with pears, and with a pastry crust instead of foil. Very nice with a scoop of ice cream.
WillieWonker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Awsome and easy :-) Reply with quote

Man my kids and wife loved it. So I used it at my block party and it went faster than any other desert brought to the event. So delicous Teasing yet so minimalist, and easy. two thumbs up
L.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: For camping trips - baked apples on a stick Reply with quote

For camping trips, each person puts a stick into an apple. Hold the apple over the fire to cook until the peel comes off easily. Remove the peel (keeping the apple on the stick) and roll the apple in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. The cinnamon and brown sugar will stick to the warmed and juicy apple. Cook over the fire, let cool a bit, and enjoy.

I think this is a great site. Thank you for all the good ideas.
Becky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Delicious! Reply with quote

I was looking for a simple apple dessert, and stumbled upon this. I tried it, having everything necessary in the house, and I must say, it is absolutely delicious.
I did have to bake it a bit longer, about 25 minutes before the apple was cooked through, but this was probably just because I got bigger apples. =)

Love your site, and will definitely be back for other recipe ideas!
alismommy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Can we BBQ them Reply with quote

Is there a way to BBQ the apples? Perhaps wrapped in foil?? Has anyone tried it this way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: