Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chocolate covered popcorn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Chocolate covered popcorn Reply with quote

I recently had chocolate covered popcorn and am attempting to make it at home. I can temper the chocolate, but most receipes for something dipped in chocolate then call for refrigeration to harden the chocolate. Obviously this won't work with popcorn. Any suggestions?
Cassie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I do it, probably not the best way of doing it but it's good and I like it.

I take popped popcorn and lay it out on a cookie sheet covered with foil.
Then I take melted chocolate (chocolate chips that were in the microwave) and drizzle it over it. You can do this with a bowl with a pouring spout or with a spoon.

Leave it sit until chocolate hardens, and then enjoy!

Speaking of popcorn, hot sauce on popcorn is really good.
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Does sound good Reply with quote

Another favorite of mine is parmesan cheese (gotta be very finely grated or powdered) on hot popcorn. Fantastic!
Christine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Chocolate popcorn Reply with quote

Well I've been experimenting with this and so far I've found that first you need to pop the popcorn, then bake the popcorn for at least an hour at a low temperature (250 degrees). This dries out the popcorn so it doesn't become soggy.

After that - I lay the popcorn out on a baking sheet, cover/mix with melted chocolate, then place in a large air-tight container and place the container in the frigerator overnight. The popcorn is very good the next day and still crunchy.
Lintballoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Speaking of popcorn... Reply with quote

One of my favorite ways to eat popcorn is with soy sauce, sesame oil and flaked seaweed.
I drizzle some sesame oil in the bowl, and then just a bit of soy sauce, and swirl it so it coats the inside of the bowl. Then I dump the popcorn in, swish it around to get some of the oil/soy distributed on the corn, then sprinkle with the seaweed flakes.
You end up with some soggy kernals, but I don't mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum