Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to bake peanut butter cookies that are crunchy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
es

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: how to bake peanut butter cookies that are crunchy? Reply with quote

i'd like to know how to bake peanut butter cookies using creamy peanut butter that will come out with a harder, extremely crunchy texture - not a light, chewy or crispy one. i suspect that producing such a result would be partially due to the recipe and partially due to baking temperature as well as temperature of the dough before baking. does anyone have a recipe or words of wisdom? i've just bought crisco sticks to try, as i've used butter before and somehow the result is too delicate. again, i want hearty, crunchy cookies. i hope someone can help! thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: crunchy peanut butter cookies Reply with quote

the easiest way to make the cookies crunchy without going into all kinds of complicated recipe changes is this: make the cookies thinner and bake them till they are a little browner. Not burnt, just browner. I promise they will be crunchy and a little chewy in the middle. Just perfect!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 1/4 c oats
3/8 c Whole Wheat flour
1/4c white flour
1/8c wheat germ
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 c name brand peanut butter
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c mashed banana
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla

Crunchy and very low fat

I invented this recipe and baked it as a bar cookie ina 9" cake pan (250 for ~25 min. I suspect individual cookies would turn out very crunchy. watch your baking time carefully.
Don Galleto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reducing the amount of shortening/fat/butter/oil.
Also, let them cool in the baking pan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum