Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the difference between a sound and a bay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Useless Stuff Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: What is the difference between a sound and a bay? Reply with quote

Article Digest:
Generally, a body of water is considered a sound if it is a relatively narrow body connected to the ocean that runs parallel to the coastline. A bay is any body of water that is offset from a larger body of water. As a rule, bays are more protected than sounds which have larger openings to the ocean. Also, a large lake can have a bay, while it cannot have a sound. In fact, a sound can have small bays in it.

Aileen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! When I glanced at the title of this topic, I thought you meant, "bay" as in a baying hound! The thought of the difference between a "baying" and a regular sound intrigued me to see what you had to say... Smile

Sorry, I've been spending a lot of hours at work since the manager is on a 6-week vacation, and I am the "acting" manager in the interim. So, not only am I doing my usual work, but hers as well. This, yet again, reinforces my lack of interest in moving up the corporate ladder. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Useless Stuff Comments Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: