Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marshmallow cream in ice cream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Marshmallow cream in ice cream Reply with quote

Years ago our local ice cream company made a rocky road ice cream that had marshmallow cream swirled through it rather than just mini marshmallows. It was soft and delicious and I would like to be able to duplicate it in my homemade ice cream. Marshmallow cream in a jar is much too stiff and worse when it is very cold. I tried adding heavy cream and freezing it but it is still too stiff. I am willing to make it from scratch by adjusting a marshmallow recipe, but I don't know what changes to make. How can I make a marshmallow cream that will stay soft in frozen ice cream? Thanks!
JohnLocke809

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: uhh Reply with quote

Marshmallow wrote:
I am willing to make it from scratch by adjusting a marshmallow recipe, but I don't know what changes to make.

Okay if you say so. Big smile
tfb

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Marshmallow in Ice Cream Reply with quote

Not sure if it would work, but have you tried the marshmallow syrup that they sell specifically for ice cream sundaes? Its less fluffy and sometimes a little sweeter (if its possible) than marshmallow fluff. In my store its by where they sell ice cream cones, hot fudge, etc. If you want a marshmallow recipe, I'll post one, but I don't know how to modify it? It has never worked for me, because I keep trying to make it with a gelatin substitute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum