Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shooter Buddy - supposedly accelerates alcohol aging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Shooter Buddy - supposedly accelerates alcohol aging Reply with quote

So, I came across this website:
Shooter Buddy
which makes some (seemlingly outrageous claim) that the magnetic fields of the earth slowly align the particles in alcohol beverages to create the aged liquor affect and they expedite this with strong industrial strength magnets.

Seems kind of fishy to me - what do you guys think?

I do like magnets though...
JavaBen

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. I think a bigger effect is air in the container. The more air remains (the more alcohol consumed, the less liquid and more air remains), the less the bite.
Johneegeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I see stuff like this I think:
"Why can't I come up with an idea like this...."
People paying $60 to make their drinks taste better using a magnet... Skin_Colorz_PDT_30

Its so subjective, how would you know if it's 'better' than it was before....OR even if it's even different that it was before? Skin_Colorz_PDT_09
Konquest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Do not place the Shooter buddy near computer disks, magnetic tapes, credit cards, or watches. The Neodymium magnets may damage magnetically stored information.

Smile

Quote:
Magnetic Strength 8 posts = 195,200 Gauss

Still, that's a strong magnetic field (for a common usage). The Earth's magnetic field is on the order of half a Gauss. I'm pretty doubtful that there will be any effects, but as Michael said, I like Magnets! Big smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum