Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe Template?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Recipe Template? Reply with quote

Hi. I'm visiting for the first time and I hope someone can help me.

I'm attempting to set up a database of recipes for my sons who's going off to college in the Fall. My thinking is if I could put these recipes in an Excel database he could do a search on whatever he happened to have on hand and be directed to something he could make with it. And I could forward new files/worksheets to him as his needs dictate.

We both use Macs (if that makes a difference). I'm hoping for something that's attractive (to seduce him into this cooking thing that's weird and suspect for him) and easy to use (for the computer illiterate me).

Thanks in advance for anything you guys could point me at.
Johneegeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a lot of work to do all this work yourself. There are many good software programs that already do what I think you want.

I've had good luck with Living Cookbook.
I'm sure there are many others you could use, and would be easier for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link but it doesn't run on the Mac operating system.
Johneegeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the link but it doesn't run on the Mac operating system.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using a Mac. I've never tried this software but I've heard good things about it. (and it works on Macs)
CookWare Deluxe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks!
Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Try MasterCook Reply with quote

This program is full of cookbooks, shopping list, recipe, and menu generators/templates, demonstrations, etc., and will search for any recipe containing certain designated ingredients. One can create his own cookbook by adding existing or original recipes, edited or not, too. Comes in two versions: regular and low-carb. Very comprehensive and easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum