Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adcraft Stainless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhuckaba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Adcraft Stainless Reply with quote

I was looking around at my local restaurant supply store and I saw a 7 piece stainless steel set for around 100 bucks. It was manufactured by Adcraft

http://www.admiralcraft.com/

The set in question:

http://www.instawares.com/Stainless-Steel-Cookware-Set--7-pc.SXS-7PC.0.7.htm?GCID=C17378x011&KEYWORD=SXS-7PC

So, I guess my question is, how do these pans stack up to other Stainless cookware?
Cookware Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Best Cookware Reply with quote

The best cookware is based on how and what you cook. The best all a round is. 18/10 tri-ply base that is impact bonded. The size of the aluminum disk that is encapsulated is proportional to the vessel. 2mm - 7mm. The sidewall should be at least .08mm and the lid 1mm and dome shape. handles should be stainless as well so you can put them in the oven. Tramontina makes these sort of pans. Cook's Illustrated rates them very high.

Adcraft never made anything in their life. They job goods from china.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum