Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hah, Great Site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTPilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: hah, Great Site! Reply with quote

I found this site after a long day of coding while looking for a good tenderloin recipe.

I picked up a new cast iron skillet, actually 2 last night (great story), and I wanted to break one in.

I may as well tell my story.

I went into linens and things for a cutting board and a cast iron skillet. Alton Brown on FoodTv got me excited about cooking a steak in a skillet.

Anyhow, I found the nicest one there, some emeril brand, and it was marked at $0.00. I went to check out and asked the guy how much it really was.

He says, $0.01. i say "really?" .. He says yeah ... I looked to make sure he wasn't kidding, and he wasn't. So I say, "I'll take 2!"

As I'm walking out the door, he says to the manager, "hey, isn't it weird that those skillets are one cent?" .. She said "What???" .. I kept walking to my car Smile

Well I'll be checking back soon.
Jörg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skillet filet is quite tasty.

And I think you pretty much committed petty theft. Wink
GTPilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way, i got a receipt! Unsure

i don't say no to good deals or feel bad for getting them from large chain stores Big smile

i over-cooked the steak last night. i seared it then put it in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. next time i'll try 12 minutes.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually check the temperature right after searing to get an idea for how long it'll be in the oven... With filet, sometimes I don't even bother - after the sear, it's done. Smile
Jörg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to get a meat thermometer. I refuse to cook steak without one.
ff-emt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Great Site Reply with quote

I found your site while reading my Time Magazine. I sent the web address to my 2 Engineer son-in-laws. I'm sure they will enjoy the site since they both like to cook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum