Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beer & Food pairings - Pasta?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Beer & Food pairings - Pasta? Reply with quote

Just a quick question for today -

What beer would you pair with a typical marinara-sauced pasta & why?
Bruce37256

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Culture Relief Reply with quote

A bit of my poetry, if you may. "Between cosmic tides and rivers of solitude, the storm rains nothing but darken shame. veritas, o glorious veritas,forsaken in this hasty pursuit, I'll paint her portrait in black and wait.".
ktexp2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about beer, but a nice cabernet sauvignon (uh, I don't think I spelled that right) seems to go well with most hearty pastas, at least for me. Thats just something I like Smile
cynicalb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost any beer that doesn't have "Lite" in its name. Why? Because lite beer tastes like donkey piss. Which reminds me of a quote: "Life is too short to drink bad beer."

To answer your question more directly - I typically like to drink a fuller bodied, hoppy beer - like a good IPA. The bitterness of the hops tends to cut through the full flavors of the sauce and the fuller body doesn't get lost. Although I also like Pilsener Urquell with marinara sauced pasta - again, the bitterness seems to go well with it. Kind of cleanses the palate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum