Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Images on main page/portal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jörg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Images on main page/portal Reply with quote

I may be the only one, but I consistently click on the images on the main page, expecting them to be links (the ones associated with an article). It seems useful to me to simply make them links. Just a thought.

Also, I think the "pictureframe"-type borders you've put around the imagse on the main page look out of place. The rest of the page is very flat, and the 3D style border doesn't look like it belongs. (The gray also seems to be a strange color choice.)

Just a couple of observations. I still very much enjoy the site.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Images on main page/portal Reply with quote

Jörg wrote:
I may be the only one, but I consistently click on the images on the main page, expecting them to be links (the ones associated with an article). It seems useful to me to simply make them links. Just a thought.

Done.

Jörg wrote:
Also, I think the "pictureframe"-type borders you've put around the imagse on the main page look out of place. The rest of the page is very flat, and the 3D style border doesn't look like it belongs. (The gray also seems to be a strange color choice.)

I'll think about it. Smile I also agree that it feels out of place (I felt it when I coded it... but was too tired to change it.) but it may be a little while before I fix it.
Jörg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Images on main page/portal Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile By the way, the cider image isn't a link. Maybe you're just doing changing new ones, which is perfectly reasonable, but just in case you missed one.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Images on main page/portal Reply with quote

Jörg wrote:
Thanks. Smile By the way, the cider image isn't a link. Maybe you're just doing changing new ones, which is perfectly reasonable, but just in case you missed one.

I forgot to change the second row of articles listed on the main page. I've fixed it now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum