Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding the latest articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Finding the latest articles Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been following Cooking for Engineers for some time now and I love it. My one beef (mmmm beef...) is with the new site design. The original design was set up like a standard blog, where the newest postings were placed at the top of the page. Now, from looking at the front page, I can never tell if something is new or old. What I generally do is click on the "Table of Contents" link and then "Resort by date published", but that's kind of a pain.

As a workaround, I thought that I could just subscribe to the Atom feed so I could be notified of new articles, but that doesn't seem to work. I am using RssReader (http://www.rssreader.com/), but when I try to add your site feed, I get an error saying "Feed contains an unexpected RSS or Atom version number. I have found this to be a very useful and reliable RSS reader and have not seen this error with other feeds, so I am wondering if there is something different about yours.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Keep up the great work!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had all manner of difficulties with the feed. According to feedvalidator.org, it is a valid Atom 1.0 feed, so I'm not sure what changes I need to make to the code.
bumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you do want to try any changes, I'd be happy to test them with the RSS reader I am using. I was under the impression that the software I am using was pretty widely used. Just send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Barring that, I guess I'll just keep going to the table of contents and sorting by date...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum