Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ovens that vent hot air
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinaHeaney

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Using burner while using oven Reply with quote

My question is on ovens that vent in rear right, can you use the burner at the same time as the oven
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, absolutely.

the only issue you may encounter is using a very low heat.
the hot air venting from the oven will cause the burner to be warmer than than the lowest 'cold oven' burner setting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ovens that vent hot air Reply with quote

If you don't like the idea of stuffing in foil, how about one of those round burner covers? They're made of metal, usually sold in sets of four. You could cover the eye with foil (or a piece of that kick-ass reflective foil insulation), then set the burner cover on top. I bet that would cut back significantly on the heat loss.

One simple thing that you can do to compensate for that lower element, would be to place a dark-colored cookie sheet on the rack immediately below your stone (or whatever else you're baking). It helps to prevent things from burning on the bottom to some extent.

If you can't afford to upgrade your stove, perhaps you could afford to upgrade your exhaust fan. If you are stuck with this poorly insulated oven, a top-notch fan will at least keep your kitchen a little cooler.

If you do want to replace your stove, what is your budget?[/quote

Was thinking the same W
Lyceme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it that using foil is dangerous to health? Any thoughts?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only the conspiracy fans still believe aluminum foil and pots are dangerous.
Dude111

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitchenBarbarian wrote:
I've been cooking for 45 years and have never had this problem before, but apparently new stove designs now often vent hot air directly into the kitchen in various really unpleasant ways.

Yes they are made crappy and they do it the easiest way.....

Our older oven vented out the chimney but this new piece of crap vents in the kitchen which makes it hot as hell in here....... (In the winter its ok though)

Everything made now is garbage!!!!
Kennel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject: Our new Miele oven vents out the front. Reply with quote

It’s our worst purchase ever, the kitchen stinks of cooking even with keeping the oven door closed. Our old 25years oven vented out the rear and the kitchen never stunk. Why they make all ovens this way is beyond me. I want to bock off the front vent but we could have a fire. Frustrated as there is no solution as our kitchen does not have exterior windows.
Anyone help ?
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new piece of crap oven we have has been acting up lately......

It fills the room with smoke and often and makes the kitchen smell horrible!!!

If I had my own house,etc..... I would do whatever I could to keep GOOD OLDER STUFF in the house (Stuff made in the 60s or before)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum