Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Format is great for my dyslexic daughter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Britwife

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject: Format is great for my dyslexic daughter Reply with quote

I just took my 15 year old daughter through a VERY complicated blueberry muffin recipe. She asked me to re-write it for her to do on her own. I recalled this website, and decided to create an Excel file for her, with the formatting you use. She immediately got it. "Yeah, mom, that makes so much more sense than the recipe we got from the cooking website!"
jazwoslp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fantastic to hear! It's wonderful that you found a more effective way to teach your daughter how to follow a complex recipe, and it's even more heartwarming that she found the Excel file with the formatting used on a website like this one to be more understandable.

Creating visual aids and well-structured instructions can be a great way to make cooking and baking more accessible, especially for those who are new to it or dealing with complex recipes. It's a fantastic approach to teaching and learning, and it makes the cooking process much more enjoyable and less daunting.

Your daughter's newfound enthusiasm for cooking is a testament to your thoughtful teaching method. Cooking can be a fun and rewarding skill to develop, and it's wonderful that she's taking an interest in it. If she has any more questions or needs further guidance, feel free to reach out. Wishing you both many delightful culinary adventures together!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum