Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anything from the sea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
$cooter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Anything from the sea Reply with quote

Notice I didn't include freswater fish, all tastes kind of muddy to me. Too bad I live 500 miles from the coast now!
eltonyo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Anything from the sea Reply with quote

$cooter wrote:
-Build a man a fire and keep him warm one night... Catch a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life!

nice. very nice.

Terry Pratchett for president.... if you know what i mean.

another one of his quotes i like:

"Personally, I think the best motto for an educational establishment is: 'Or Would You Rather Be a Mule?'"

and...

"There's no greys, only white that's got grubby" -- Esmerelda Weatherwax, Carpe Jugulum

and...

"The ability to ask questions like 'Where am I and who is the I that is asking?' is one of the things that distinguishes mankind from, say, cuttlefish. Although of course it's not the most obvious thing and there are in fact some beguiling similarities, particularly the tendency to try to hide behind a big cloud of ink in difficult situations."

LOL... sorry... i had to digress. Smile
$cooter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cats!

I have been using that signature for centuries and this is the first time some has actually know where it was from. In a cooking forum for engineers no less.

"the reward for toil had always been more toil, if you dug the best ditches and they gave you a bigger shovel"
socal_chris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sea scallops FTW
qwertyblue64

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: My Favorite thing from the Sea Reply with quote

Tuna Loins, cut into blocks and marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, and wasabi, then rolled in sesame seeds, grilled on a super-hot grill until seared on the outside and rare on the inside.

The Best!*

*Though fried calamari is really good too.
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that, too. Another great marinade is based on balsamic vinegar, followed by serving it with a balsamic reduction sauce.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum