Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calphalon Katana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Calphalon Katana Reply with quote

Today I saw the new(?) Calphalon Katana series of knives at a Bed, Breakfast, and Beyond. I thought they LOOKED gorgeous, but has anyone here had experience with them? Are they all looks and no brawn? Worth the money, or just hype?
tg4360

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Katana's.... same as contemporary Reply with quote

Saw them in the store the other day... Looks like they took the contemporary line and made the tangs horizontal vs. vertical.

I have the contemporary and can recomend them. As to the Katana, I'd have to get one in the hand and see how the handle shape works during use but I suspect the blade material and geometry are just as good as the knives I have.

I'd give them a shot but consider the contemporary. I'd make comfort the deciding factor.

TG
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I held a Calphalon Katana while selecting knives for my chef's knife article, but didn't get a chance to test one out. The handle felt awkward in my hand and because I like to pinch up onto the blade, the weird bolster lip design didn't make it very comfortable for me.
Amadio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've held one and it felt comfy in my hand, I'm giving the Nakiri some serious thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum