Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Peanut Butter Cookies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is just great! I can't wait to see more recipes!
I also wanted to add that, being a professional cook, I admit I have a difficult time understanding any measurements in cups. I think it's dreadfully unprecise! Concerning the cookies, Oboeman might have tried to point out that you should mention the size of the balls in weight, not in size.

Great work!
Take care,
Alex
Sally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE leave in the cups, tablespoons, and inches for those of us who wouldn't have a clue what a gram is.

Also...regarding the comment listing cookie size by weight...how could you tell how big to make them if you don't won a cooking scale? I don't know anyone who does own one.
Michael Chu

You can't satisfy everyone Smile but I do spent quite a bit of time making sure that I present the recipes in both U.S. (cups, etc.) and the-rest-of-the-world units.

I have no desire to drop the U.S. units since I do live in the U.S. and cater to a mostly U.S. audience - but I have been making sure that I include mass when appropriate. I actually cook with a mix of volume and mass measurements depending on which is faster or more expedient to the task.
an anonymous reader

instead of using brown sugar could you use regular white sugar?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can use white sugar, but the cookie will lack some moistness. Try replacing the brown sugar with 1/2 cup granulated white and add about one to two teaspoons (~10 mL) of mild molasses.
FGT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Substituting Peanut Butter Reply with quote

Do any of the other nut butters work rather than peanut butter, i.e. almond or maccadamian butter for peanut butter cookies?
donna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: nut butters Reply with quote

I would like to read your answer to that last question about substituting other nut butters for peanut butter...
velma in tejas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH --- MIGAWSH - I want that now! It's a cozy night for cookies and milk....Having gale force winds tonight here in North Texas! ... but still, I need your vote for for my new cookie company name: Kalini's Kuki's or Auntie Eme's Macadamias. -- Email me or post blog comments. Mahalo iā `oe! --- Aloha wau iā `oe.
-- peace out - -
me
http://velma17.blogspot.com/
Corinne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe-Brown Sugar Substitution Reply with quote

You can substitute some molasses with white granulated to substitute for brown sugar, but the cookie will have a strange texture. Believe me, I tried it and it just isn't pretty.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: nut butters Reply with quote

Hello, love the site.

As for using other nut butters, I have had wonderful results from almond butter. (Places like Sunflower market, Sprouts, or other natural food stores, I'm sure, you can grind your own-- resulting in a slightly textured, very healthy butter that is perfect for cookies. A bit on the pricey side, though!!)

Since there's no added salt or hydrogenated oils, this is a great alternative for people looking for a slightly heathier cookie. Also, great for people with peanut allergies.

(You might even be able to make your own coarse nut butter in a food processor, though I have yet to try this.)

Good luck, and hope you enjoy the other butters as much as I do!!
Di

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Peanut Butter Cookie Rush Order Reply with quote

My son came home last night to let me know they were having a cookie exchange. This was at 9pm I was told. When I got off of work I looked on the interenet & found this great site.
(All my cook books are in storage)
Pulled up peanut butter cookies..woke him up & we were off by 7:30 am we were finished & off to school with wonderful tasting cookies. I did not get to refrigerate them but they still came out great.
You have saved my reputation & my son is the hero.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.!!!
Most Sincerely, Di
MiniMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Cups n Grams Reply with quote

Hands up who watches Good Eats ? anyone ??

OK stuff like flour should be weighed as it can settle in the jar/packet and therefore a cup isn't always a cup , but a gram is always a gram.

Gotta love Good eats for little tidbits of info Wink
helgabluefin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Peanut Butter Cookies Reply with quote

Wow! Nice page- loved the detailed photos, too. But you don't mention a brand of peanut butter- my fave is Adam's, please tell me you used Adam's..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: peanut butter cookie Reply with quote

Teasing OMG!!! these cookies are delicious! just took them out of the oven I ate two already! Crispy with soft center. I made exactly as per your recipe
Ab61qsolutely the best! 10 minutes with 1 inch cookie scoop. Thanks for the great recipe!
Beachgranny
(guest)Kayla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: I LOVE The Recipe!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Smile I loved this recipe!!!!! I got a little confused though when it said what to pre-heat to. :I sure: Huh? ????????? Over all, [/b][/i][b][i][u]I LOVED the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Big smile Wink Cool

Kayla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: