Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Kapoosh Knife Block (not recommended)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bozozozo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: kapoosh Reply with quote

have had mine for more than ten years. or it seems like it.

keep 8 or nine knives in it (including paring knives) without problems. have honing steel laid on top of it, as well as a ceramic sharpening rod (hangs on upper side of it, parallel to the knives.

I put my knives in with the edges toward the center, less chance of sharp edge cutting you as you grab a knife. agree all knives do not go in all the way, so there are exposed edges. but in the center of the block.

agree that rods get bent, seems to be more common when putting knives in with blunt leading edges (santoku, nakiri, e.g.), but thinning those out makes more room for knives, so i don't mind that much.

i seem to have a habit of light honing before each use, then wipe with dishcloth, so a little dust or rod bits doesn't bother me.

overall, I like it, works for me.
Lawrence Wade

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: I use mine for screwdrivers! Reply with quote Delete this post

I received a similar knife block under the Bodum brand name as a gift and was immediately horrified by the concept - exactly the hygiene issues you describe.

It was very expensive and, unfortunately, I could not return it.

However, I have found a great use for it: It's the screwdriver holder on my workbench!

In fact, it's amazing, because the plastic "stalks" clean the gunk out of the crevices on my Philips screwdrivers every time I put them away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: