Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Primanti Brothers - Heap'o Burgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Primanti Brothers - Heap'o Burgers Reply with quote

Primanti Brothers - burgers over-piled with stuff . . . recently opened a restaurant in our area - so we went in.

This chain is famous for piling coleslaw and french fries on the conventional burger / burger-like-construction of other meats and combos . . . with cheese, optionally with a fried egg layered in as well. double meat available....

I can readily understand their sandwiches will appeal to the starving teenager crowd. At roughly $8 a plate, it's an apparent value.

For the grown up crowd, it is less appealing - frankly, it's a mess to eat. Be sure to ask for a fork when you order.

We had a cocktail, appetizer of gigantic onion rings, we each tried the signature Pitts-Burger.

The cocktails were horribly anemic - I understand the need for fooderies to control their pour, but half- or quarter- pours are really not entertaining. Stick with the beer; hard to mess that up. The Manhattan straight-up was served in a tumbler. Wonder how they serve a martini?

The onion rings arrived about 30 seconds before the sandwiches. So much for the appetizer theory. The breading was nice and crisp, properly cooked/deep fried. Regrets, the breading is spiced up past comfortable with (seemed to me) cayenne pepper. The (no choice) dipping sauce was strongly vinegar based and generally non-edible. We left more than half on the table untouched.

The sandwich coleslaw is also vinegar based vs. mayo / creamy type dressing. It's a refreshing change up, but not everyone will like it. There is a lot of it on the sandwich - you'll need the fork to shovel some of it off so you can eat the thing.

The french fries were remarkably unremarkable - especially as buried in the sandwich.

As I finished up the burger - served between slices of bread (not a roll) - I realized my teeth were chock-a-block full of gristle and sinew from the hamburger patty. Extremely unpleasant.

The bread was very good.

Primanti also serves plain old burgers, pizza, wings and a minor assortment of salads/other.

I will not be reporting on those; this eatery has been stricken from our list.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum