Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Should Recipes be Written?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlene35

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: How Should Recipes be Written? Reply with quote

hi,

I have been searching for the very best method for writing recipes. Ideally, baking recipes should have both weight and volume measurements, since I like to weigh as many ingredients as much as possible.

Should the ingredients be put into some sort of table, a la Rose Levy Berenbaum? Or do you all like it when the ingredients are on the left side of the page, lined up with their time of usage on the right side of the page? Do you prefer numbered steps, or more of a narrative style?

I personally hate it when a recipe introduces an ingredient that wasn't listed with the other ingredients, either by oversight or by the thought that an ingredient like water doesn't deserve to be listed....

Then there's the old Gourmet magazine method - does anyone remember way back when they did not included ingredient lists at all? That was really baffling!
parryberan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing recipe is not very tough but its not very easy as well. We should write a recipe in such manner that is understandable by the users. I think title is most important thing for writing a recipe,it should be attractive and related to the recipe. Write a 2 or 3 lines summary about the recipe that what are the benefits of eating it. Then come to the ingredient which should be written with the proper names and quantity. Then write the instructions step by step. I think this will be sufficient for writing a recipe.
justinjcruz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingredients The starting point of all recipes is a table of ingredients. Our assistant food editor, Cassie Best says that whatever time of year, seasonality is the key for achieving the most flavoursome results. Method,Precision It's important not to be presumptuous when writing your method. Measurements Without the correct measuring facilities, a few errant grams can ruin a recipe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum