Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Dr Pepper contain prune juice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Useless Stuff Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

I distinctly remember back when food manufacturers were mandated to start listing their ingredients on the label of their products. I remember reading a lot of them but the one that sticks in my memory was the ingredients for Dr Pepper. For a short period of time, prune juice was actually listed! I also remember reading an article about food manufacturers complained that listing all ingredients was hurting their trade secrets and in Dr. Peppers case, they actually had a drop in sales because of the stigma surrounding prune juice. They won their argument and were able to simply refer to prune juice as natural flavoring. I've asked several people I work with and two others claim to remember reading the ingredients back then also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Useless Stuff Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: