Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Father's Day 2014 Giveaway!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grain_of_salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Off Topic: Thermoworks Father's Day 2014 Giveaway! Reply with quote

I would love some insight into cooking outdoors and recommendations for foodies while camping!

Dutch oven recipes/techniques? Over the fire methods? Things that store better/longer than others?

-Aaron
watusecook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of goodies in this giveaway!

Add me to those who'd like more posts on baking, with info on what must be precise to make a recipe work, and why. I love reading about the science behind a foam or a gel, and how that applies to a recipe.
pauliwang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: article ideas Reply with quote

Would like to read more about grilling tips and techniques. I also like the equipment reviews and would like to see more. Perhaps a 'kitchen essentials' article would be informative.
jessicapuccio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Thermoworks Father's Day 2014 Giveaway! Reply with quote

I'd like to see more recipes of easy weekday dinners...slow-cooker or casserole types might be fun. I'd even be able to use the TimeStick and ThermoPop if I cooked a roast in the slow-cooker. Wink Thanks for this opportunity!
ChefB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Recipes from Hannibal Reply with quote

I'd be interested in C4E reconstructing a recipe from the Hannibal TV Series, sans the human flesh of course.
dsbernhardt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Fathers' Day Post Reply with quote

Your equipment reviews are great -- I'm always glad to see one.

Or you could post on toddler-friendly meals Smile
curleyqdi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one of these amazing products would make an outstanding gift for the hard working cook in our family! Not only does he cook every day, but is constantly frustrated with the digital thermometer that we use! Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this raffle!
gqueen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Fathers Day Reply with quote

I would agree with above posters that I like equipment articles, as I'm usually limited to the ingredients that I have on hand when I get to cooking.

Thanks for the Giveaway!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this -- now I have a reasonably good idea of what I want and how much it'll cost. Actually, I expect to use the temperature probe mostly on my compost pile, but it might help me avoid over-cooking fish & poultry (which I tend to do rather too often, even after cooking for c. 70 years).

Don Fitch
curleyqdi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Fathers day Reply with quote

My favorite cook would love these. Are there any women on this forum? Did I miss the Mothers day contest?

Just Kidding!!!
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having two contests run at the same time is dumb.

Having said that, I just discovered my beloved old electronic Taylor is reading about 9-12° higher than it should.

What are the chances it's the probe vs. the dinky timer, temp gauge itself?

Might have to buy one of them ThermThingamabobs myself.
aaron.lehrian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to just see more recipes. I love the precise, articulate way recipes are presented, and more of the same would be most appreciated!

Thanks for an awesome site!
anson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Father's Day Post Reply with quote

I hope I'm not too late to the party...

I'd agree with several others. More equipment related posts.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comment ends the giveaway. All comments submitted prior to this comment will be considered for the giveaway.

It'll take me a moment to sort some stuff out before I can do the drawing. Something went wrong and for some reason many comments were posted to the 2013 Thermapen contest. I'm going to merge the new comments from that contest into this one before generating the list of participants. Sorry for the technical mishap.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After removing two anonymous entries and repeat posts, I found 35 entries for this giveaway. Using random.org, I generated a random number which was #5 and that was daephin!

Congratulations to deaphin, I'll be contacting you by email to get your preferred colors and mailing address.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and suggestions for where to take future articles. I've pulled up some articles I've been working on before and will try to finish at least one of them up in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: