Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kyoto Green Pan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Target last month and saw the Kyoto Green Pan. It was about $30 for an 8-8.5" pan, so I bought one and did one of cooking tests. I cooked many omelets in the last few weeks. It was NOT an extensive test, but I will say that it is extremely slippery, especially with the addition of a tiny amount of butter which you would use when cooking an omelet anyway. The pan is about 3mm thick, so you can adjust the temperature as the omelet cooks if necessary. I can't attest to durability because when cooking eggs, I use a silicone spatula.

For $30, you can't get a better omelet pan. It is as slippery as the slickest teflon you have ever used.

Last edited by GaryProtein on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
CookNewb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: non-stick cookwear Reply with quote

Lin wrote:
I have read all of the postings here about non-stick cookwear but have yet to see any mention of titanium.
I pitched my starting-to-peal teflon type frying pan after about a year of gentle but frequent use. I found large cast iron pans were very heavy and therefore awkward. After some research we decided to invest in German made titanium cookwear. We have had the first piece we purchased for ten months now and use it continuously. We have added two smaller pans and continue to be delighted with the way they brown foods, need little or no added oil, and clean up with ease.
Although the initial outlay seemed large we have no regrets and have not encountered any information about health concerns with these pans.
Hope this info adds to the lively discussion.

Is your cookware made of solid titanium?
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the "titanium" cookware I have seen is an aluminum vessel with a nonstick "titanium" coating of sorts.

I would imagine a solid titanium pan would be extremely costly, not so much because titanium is expensive, but rather because manufacturers think people will pay a lot for "titanium" and because people don't really know what "titanium" cookware is really made of--which ISN'T mostly titanium. I know this because I purchased a "titanium" fry pan and using a knife, easily cut through the supposedly durable "titanium" surface revealing an obviously aluminum core pan.
Aussie cook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Green Pan Reply with quote

I'm looking at the green pan wok with lid.

I got a small green pan fry pan some time back and am sooo impressed, nothing has stuck to it, I've fried steak perfectly, high heat, bacon and a myriad of other things that normal stick to the pan and the green pan, run water into it. Then warm soapy water to wash and it's like new.

I've tried so many pans (including expensive scan pans) that all fail after a not so short time with my treatment of them, and so far this one is the best I've used, I use it constantly, meaning almost daily for so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum