Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Metrokane Mighty OJ (Not recommended)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubyR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Metrokane Reply with quote

Ahhh! But this baby is my favorite! I also bought the larger one, but found it unwieldy and hard to store. The baby one is perfect all around ...
BUT ... you have to utilize a couple of hints that the company doesn't tell you about. Call them Old Cooks hints if you will (bcuz I am old, LOL).
# 1 - Zest the skin. (Dry it then store - waste nothing, I say)
# 2 - Microwave the lemons first ( 1/2 min per lemon )
# 3 - Roll them on the counter (releases more juice)
Now juice them. They just ooze juice with very little pressure.

If you don't want to zest them ... then at least use those lemon peels
to make Preserved Lemons ! !

If you don't want to make Preserved Lemons or zest ... cut them into thin long slices and freeze the lot of them ... and use as needed for MARTINI's ! (heart-be-still)

RubyR
karen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: my fav juicer Reply with quote

although i own a plug in spinning reamer i still prefer my IKEA hand reamer, it just is such a nice fit to my hand and it takes less time to do it by hand than to haul out the power one and then wash it and put it away. my hand reamer i just throw it in the dishwasher and im done
mcnee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Juicer Reply with quote

If you really want a decent juicer of this style, you'll need to hit a restaurant/food service supply place.

I worked in a place for over 6 years where we did fresh squeezed lemonade, also doing them for festivals. There were days I squeezed over 1000 lemons.

They're typically around $150-200, a chunk of change, but if you're serious about lemon/lime/orange juicing, they're great.
steven e

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote Delete this post

thanks for the review. Spared me the disappointment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: