Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newmoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Favorite Cookware Reply with quote

My favorite cookware is my vintage Descoware pot roaster that belonged to my mother. Of course, I love that it was my Mom's, but I also love that it helps to keep my biceps and triceps in shape. Smile I like to use it for cooking "rainbow noodles," which is my son's favorite go-to dinner.
Llcg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Favorite cookware Reply with quote

Not sure I have a favorite. My mom had a square pan I loved because I could fit four pieces of French toast on at a time. Smile. Thanks for hosting the giveaway.
rdking647

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: favorite cookware Reply with quote

my favorite is my large 14" saute pan. i use it for everything from spaghetti sauce to sauteing pork chops
Thoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current favorite is a 6 quart dutch oven since I home brew in one gallon batches its thermal mas makes mashing the grains easier to maintain at the proper temperature.
KARD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Favorite Pan Reply with quote

Porcelain interior, enamel exterior stock pot. Fast to boil, easy to clean. Took awhile of trial and error to figure out the timing but now it is my favorite pan. I think it is made by Chantal.
Chaotic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12" skillet useful for so many things. My current favorite meal is beef stroganoff from the site.
Mel Egito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Favorite Pan Reply with quote

I love my roasting pan. With it I can cook from cookies to chicken!
Mjames

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Wide saute pan Reply with quote

More surface, faster and more even cooking. I cook big and love starting most dishes in a wide saute pan. I also love a Dutch Oven.
KATHYK@POBOX.COM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: love saute pans Reply with quote

my new favorite recipe is brown butter with crispy sage, to go with butternut squash ravioli!
drharris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a large 14" hard-anodized skillet I can't get enough of. It has a long handle and is quite heavy, but it retains heat super well and cooks evenly. I'm also quite partial to my 10" cast iron skillet, as it is old and seasoned, and I can trust it to make the best roux for gumbo, or cornbread in the oven.
BraveDave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 6 quart stock pot that is by far my favorite. It gets plenty of use making pastas, soups and of course my favorite, CHILI.
Mechelle Borgman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Favorite pan! Reply with quote

Although heavy, I like using my Lodge Dutch Oven. This pan heats well and keeps food moist while cooking. It is great for cooking roasts, hams, etc.

Again, although heavy, we have a Lodge Griddle. You can use one side to cook pancakes, the other for bacon or grilling sandwitches. The food seems to cook just right.
mali207

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite pan is my cast iron skillet. I use it daily for almost everything - eggs, grilled cheese, pork chops, even spaghetti sauce.
jenniesue101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: My favorite pan Reply with quote

I love my very old, Griswold cast iron #9 pan. It feels like silk inside. Made in early 1900's, it is light, and heats wonderfully. I use it for everything from eggs, potatoes, meat, cornbread, roasts. To clean it originally, I placed it in an oven, started self clean cycle and let it cook. Then oiled it with lard and left it in the oven for a week. Black and shiny, good as new. This works for old grease build up, rust and "crud". So buy an old one and clean it up!
PamelaM182

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: My favorite "pan" Reply with quote

While it may be considered "servingware" versus a pan, I love my Wilton Armetale large bowl. It can be put in the freezer to keep salads cool but is also oven-proof and is wonderful for a great cheese dip I may for parties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: