Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to make a yummy fried rice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdking647

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: fried rice Reply with quote

i only use cooled rice.
i cook the eggs first then remove them.
next i fry garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds before adding the rice and some chopped scallions. i fry the rice about 5 minutes before adding soy sauce and mirin. i add a bit of sesame oil at the end
counter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest yoo try 'gallo pinto', the tipical food of Costarica .It's fried rice with beans, really good (the problem is that they usually eat it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, every day...)
greypatches

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Hints for Fried Rice Reply with quote

I use the leftover rice from a few days ago - after it's been drying out in a covered container in the refrigerator (shoved in the back). It's cold, hard, and ready to soak up the oil from the pan. I use toasted sesame oil, and a little bit of bacon fat too for extra flavor. Stir fried shallots, and whatever else you have for veggies. I like ham for the meat, but most anything will work>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum