Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Recipes: Good Eats Peanut Brittle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewgalsis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: penut brittle Reply with quote

I hate to call names, but watch me do it! READ the recipe, to those whom the name doofus fits. It is not waxed paper, it is not parchment paper, it is a silpat sheet. It is not 1/2 t. red pepper, it 1/4. So there. personally, I like the texture soda gives to a brittle recipe, not the dense texture in this recipe.
Mjames

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the Joy of Cooking recipe for peanut brittle using a large can of Planters, brought it to just under crack stage (I was running out of time and had to leave the house), so I poured it into a Pyrex dish and put it outside in the cold. I brought it in later and was disappointed it was like hard taffy, so I put it in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes and then let it rest again outside. It set perfectly. Beginner's luck probably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: