Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen and Oven Thermometer 2012 G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaotic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Chicken Pot Pie Reply with quote

Love the Chicken Pot Pie recipe. Through there are many things on here that I have made for my family.
pg52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: My favorite CFE article Reply with quote

This one by far!
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/280/Analyzing-a-Baking-Recipe

Analyzing a recipe as only an engineer could. Smile
brentonwilli

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Favorite review Reply with quote

Saber Knives....
stellahav

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempering chocolate. Which of course, I did not think to read before I decided to melt the chocolate to make a huge batch of chocolate covered desserts.
Jofo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dug the Knife review article (http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/129/Chefs-Knives-Rated). You need to post more!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback. One of the difficulties I have with writing new articles is that I like them to be complete and well tested... unfortunately, with my busy schedule, I often end up not being able to finish testing to my satisfaction or hit a roadblock that derails the writing of an article. I have a couple dozen draft articles in various stages of completion (and another dozen or so restaurant experiences), but carving out enough time to finish them has been a problem for me. I promise that I'll try to set aside that time (or at least try really hard).

I did want to mention that I saw that Thermoworks is running a special right now on their infrared thermometers that looks like a pretty good deal for anyone interested in that: Thermowork Infrared Thermometers On Sale Until December 5, 2012.

Also, they are giving a pocket thermometer away for any orders with subtotals over $79. The pocket thermometer is actually a really good one and excellent to have as either a backup or to give a friend (who you haven't been able to convince to spend $20 on a thermometer but you know really needs one) as a gift. I don't know how long the free thermometer offer will last, but it might be time to buy a Thermapen for yourself (since it's currently on sale) and get a free thermometer.

Also, I want to mention that Thermoworks has started an affiliate program and I've signed up. Now, if you buy anything from them through one of my links, a percentage of the sale (I'm actually not sure how much - I should ask them about it) will go towards the upkeep of this site!
MaryMakesDinner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Additives Reply with quote

I'm pretty fascinated by the intro and home-setup posts on Sous Vide, but so far I haven't given it a try. I think my favorite post, and the one that most captivates my attention would be your additives chart. I work in the natural cosmetics field, so I'm familiar with additives commonly used in cosmetics. Some cross-over, but there are so many little titles in packaged food that I find unfamiliar. My curiosity thanks you.
christyr1q

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: I'd love to get one of these! Reply with quote

Any chance I can win?

Cheers,
-Christy
BSkeie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found your site a few months ago when researching cooking thermometers! So, much to my surprise, you now are giving away the thermometer that is on my wish list.

I've probably spent more than the cost of a thermapen on cheap, inprecise thermometers, so now it's time to step up to the best!
savortherainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: thermometers giveaway Reply with quote

I really enjoyed reading the knife review!
This giveaway is amazing! I'm in desperate need of a meat thermometer and was wondering which one will work the best. This one sounds like a winner to me. You've persuaded me Wink
1BdKty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: thermometers giveaway Reply with quote

My favorite recipe off this site is for the Toffee - that is my go-to dessert.

I also found the knife roll review helpful, Im disappointed I can't get the one you recommend as it seems really great.

I have tried numerous recipes off this site and they are all great - thats why I keep coming back
vzx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Simple but authentic! Reply with quote

I'd have to say I love your Simple Tiramisu recipe. Simple, easy to make, but stays true to authenticity (ladyfingers and alcohol!). Many variations of tiramisu now-a-days lack the things that make tiramisu enjoyable to me, caffeine, alcohol, and ladyfingers. It's my first time here, but I'm definitely going to bookmark this recipe!

Last edited by vzx on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
kwandin1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Just what I need for this Christmas! Reply with quote

The thermapen seems like a very nifty tool for me to use this December! I need a digital thermometer to make candy for my friend. Why? He wants to propose to his girlfriend with a "Lifesaver" candy as a ring. So it is going to be a long week experimenting with the right recipe to make the perfect hard candy with the perfect hole for the girlfriend's finger! I am looking forward to this Christmas project...

As for my favorite recipe, the dark chocolate brownies is still the best recipe from this website! I usually hate brownies due to their sweetness, but the dark chocolate used in this recipe has make it a good treat to have (especially right after exams!)
bonus_letters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too.many.choices! Cooking for Engineers has been in my feed reader for years. What keeps me coming back is the thought process. I'm much more of an offhand by-the-seat-of-my-pants cook and my husband is the polar opposite. CfE reminds me how to explain things I need him to cook.

I love the Lemon Bar recipe. If only I could convince my kids to eat them, I could make them more often!

And I just added a Thermapen to my wishlist yesterday! I would love to win one!
Suni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Favorite Recipe.. Reply with quote

I love the English Toffee Recipe! I had been wanting to make a supply last year for holiday gifts, and didn't find the one I wanted. So a big thank-you!

I have been totally excited about the thermopens too!I have been frustrated by my old thermometers, with their inaccuracies. I even melted one. Oh well! Maybe I will be lucky! Thanks for the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: