Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen and Oven Thermometer 2012 G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Thermoworks Giveaway Reply with quote

I really appreciate your articles on Thermapens. I have two plus about 5 other measuring devices from Thermoworks. I also bought a chef's knife based on your reviews. The favorite recipie is Traditional Roast Turkey. The food tests are also very interesting. Thank you for the great job.
chris90945

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Thermapen Giveway Reply with quote

I really appreciate your articles on Thermapens. I have two plus about 5 other measuring devices from Thermoworks. I also bought a chef's knife based on your reviews. The favorite recipie is Traditional Roast Turkey. The food tests are also very interesting. Thank you for the great job.
Julie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Love this site! Reply with quote

I really appreciate the well written articles on gadgets and cooking tips for individuals who have unique and often under-appreciated way of looking at things...even something as simple as cooking!

My favorite recipe is Anghelika's Tsatsiki. Not only is inexpensive and easy to make, it's mad delicious. Whenever I take it to a potluck, I get so many requests for the recipe that I have stored it in my phone and just send it to whoever asks!
Discordanian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Giveaway Reply with quote

The recipes are great but what I really like are the experiments. Such as http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/171/Beer-Can-Chicken for the Beer-Can-Chicken.

Keep up the great work.[/url]
Whygee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite post is the one where you can win a thermometer!

Thanks! ;-)
degraauw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: favourite receip on CfE Reply with quote

By far the most mileage I have gotten out of CfE is for the Chicken Marsala.

I used to go out to a restaurant all the time just to eat this incredible dish - now I make it at home - Thanks to CfE.

People are impressed when I have them over and I tell them I "did it all by myself!"...being a 2 left handed engineer in the kitchen and all.... :-P

The equipment reviews are awesome as well....

Keep up the good work...
paulcz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Condensed Milk Fudge is by far my favorite recipe on the site. Instant brownie points with the wife every time I make it.
Lderooy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Product review Reply with quote

I have not specifically tried a recipe from your site yet but as an engineer I really enjoy it. I like the product reviews.
andywreid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favorite article was the soft boiled eggs.
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/249/Soft-Boiled-Eggs
paintchicksrock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

Favorite recipes: Ribs, peanut butter cookies. Favorite features: the product reviews, especially the kitchen scales and knives.
zygomatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled across your website probably about 7-8 years ago when I was looking for a cheesecake recipe (which featured the Thermapen!) and I don't think I've ever used another recipe since. Thanks for the great site, Alton Brown would be proud.
ivantxu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Gravlax! Reply with quote

Gravlax is the one that I come back to more often. I tried the recipe from Ruhlman's 20 to compare the results, and Cooking for Engineers gravlax came out clearly on top and was less fussy to boot.
Optimista

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I am making myself a note to ask you why you could possibly need SIX thermapens...

And I will always fondly associate your Simple Tiramisu recipe with the first time I met you at a food blogger potluck, so I'm going to have to choose that as my favorite!
Deb in Indiana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Love the tiramisu recipes Reply with quote

Because there are two, to compare, and because at least one makes great tiramisu.

But my favorite post is probably the knife review. It convinced me to buy a swiss army chef's knife -- my best kitchen investment to date.

The beer can chicken post was pretty amazing too.

The specific recipe that first hooked me I cannot recall, but the layout brought me back, time and time again.

Does this giveaway mean that you have plans to post more often to this site? Here's hoping!
amrahne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Chef's Knives Review Reply with quote

I bought a set of global knives based partially on your detailed and well-presented review of knives. I really enjoy the recipes and the way you very explicitly lay out the step-by-step processes involved. I love it! I am also loving my knives. They are pretty great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: