Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creole cream cheese please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Creole cream cheese please? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a method for making creole cream cheese or anything even close? It is a fabulous dish all by itself, but also a great base for making all kinds of desserts, dips, sauces and more... For those of you who have access to Trader Joes, the closest thing I have found (outside of New Orleans) is the Trader's brand Mediterranean Cheese-Style yogurt.... but I would like to make it myself and been searching for a long time. Anyone? Thank you, all suggestions welcome and appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commander's Kitchen cookbook has a recipe for it in it.
FranksPlace2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Try Louisiana Cookin' Reply with quote

The February Issue of Louisiana Cookin' (www.louisianacookin.com) has the recipe. It takes about 2 weeks. This is one Slow Food recipe in this issue. The other is Daube Glace.

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum