Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: brining the day before Reply with quote

Hi Mike, going to check this recipe out for an outdoors bbq (we're heading out early on a Saturday morning).
I went through the comments and saw that it should be ok to brine for a couple hours, the day before, pull it out of the brine and rinse off, and leave in the fridge. Another user mentioned adding egg yolk to prevent the lime acid from cooking the chicken (during the refrigeration time). Will I need to add that to the recipe for my purposes?
Thanks!
spellbound

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: rinsing the chicken Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that because i wasn't very convinced about rinsing the chicken i didn't do it very thoroughly and it turned out pretty salty, so if anyone else is having doubts about that step don't! It's necessary.

Greetings
VelocityRD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Lime marinated chicken Reply with quote

Sounds great -- I've done just some simple marinades with chicken in the past. I've done lemon + rosemary recently and it ended up delicious. It's just a matter of trying different flavor combinations...
mihajovics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Thx Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Wonderful site! Every recipe should be written in this detail, conscious about the little things that matter the most.
I baked some turkey the day before (on a generous onion bed, and had some rice with canned corn mixed into it as a side dish and a salad with honey-mustard dressing) and everybody loved it, it was really delicious... except for the meat being a little dry Sad I was thinking all day how to do it better, and bang, here it is. Thanks a lot!
Also, the S hook in the oven... Genial! Why hasn't this occurred to me before?!
Best wishes!
jeanmarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: lime chick/thermometer Reply with quote

love this site too... I got hooked after trying the beef stroganoff - mmmm! The lime chicken was great - i halved the recipe and used 4lbs chicken but it wasn't quite "limey" enough for me. The other seasonings (onion/garlic powder & coriander) were perfect but next time i'll double the lime!
tell me, what kind of thermometer do you use? the ones i have seen look too thick for a drumstick or a thigh... i just eyeballed it.
the paperclip is a cute idea, but i'm a little afraid to use it. what exactly is a paper clip made of and what might be imparted to the meat during high temp cooking in the oven? i hate to put a damper on things, but at one time it was considered safe to cook with aluminum Unsure
Griller KP

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Lime marinated grilled chicken Reply with quote

I skeptically tried this recipe because most lime/citrus marinades never seem to be flavorful enough. We love spice and a lot of full-flavored meals which are typically (non-American). HOWEVER, I made this for my boyfriend (He's Indian, and about 5 of our Indian friends)...and they loved it! We made it with drumsticks on the grill, and the meat literally fell off the bone. It was so full of flavor and a nice change from what we typically cook for chicken. Thanks for the recipe!
MikeSpike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Will this work with pressure infusion marination technique? Reply with quote

If you google for "pressure infusion marination", you'll see the technique. It works best with thin marinades. And if the objective is flavor infusion only, the process is very fast. As a matter of fact, you can marinate chicken strips in as little as 20-seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had already planned to do a lime chilli sesame chicken stir fry... think i might change that idea, this sounds so good!

As an undergraduate engineer cooking for a flat of 5 undergraduate engineers, this site seems somehow rather appropriate. Love the recipe layout for baking - it's how my own recipes are written up!
Dustin Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken is awesome! Reply with quote

I tried this recipe, but I used chicken strips and an air oven. (Galloping Gormet type) Baked the chicken for 20 minutes on 350 degrees and...WOW! It was so amazing! My wife even thought I was a genious untill I showed her that I used this recipe from this site. We decided we are going to make chicken like this for fajitas and things of that sort from now on using this recipe. I'm telling you, you have to try this in an air oven...UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Great recipe!!!
BananaJelly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Juicy versus dry Reply with quote

Which part of the recipe makes this chicken juicy instead of dry? Is the recipe somehow keeping the moisture in while it is heated or is moisture only added? Would the chicken be even more juicy if you covered it after it's cooked to prevent the moisture from escaping?
Marthaadams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken Reply with quote

I read your post and tried it out, top of the line. Bake the chicken for 20 mins on 350 degrees using chicken strips. Lovin this forum, I pick up so many ideas just skimming through.
teamina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another very delicious chicken recipe.. Gonna try this one tonight..

thanks for posting!!!! This would be a very perfect dinner for a very special day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: