Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Recipes: Avocado Pork Stuffed Peppers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One comment for you all on cooking avacados- If you cook them, cook them green. A green avacado has a lot more sturdiness than a ripe one, and when cooked, the hard texture vanishes and you're left with hot avacado goodness. I haven't tried baking them green, but I just sauteed a half a green avacado, and it turned out wonderfully. Chopped it into medium size pieces, fried it with a little Extra V Olive Oil, then a light sprinkle of sea salt and a tiny drizzle of Sorghum. Sounds crazy, but WOW was it good. I'm thinking the same thing could apply to a baked dish- Get the greenest avacado you can find, and see if the dish turns out any more 'avacado-ey'. Good luck!

-Jeffrey
Nick in NJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a super site. I'm not an engineer, however I love to cook.
baffo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: do as the Mexicans do... Reply with quote

if you check out how the experts on avocado, the Mexicans, use it, you will find out that it is used almost always raw. Sometimes they add slices of avocado to a hot soup, or on top of hot food, but I don't remember a Mexican dish where the avocado is actually cooked.
ski9600

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: bacon-avacado-peppers Reply with quote

Someone mentioned boiling the bacon for a couple minutes for a situation like this. Also, if the bacon is on the top maybe a final broiler application would be good after the baking.

Cheers!
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too spooky -- I got thinking just the other night if there are anyrecipes using cooked avocadoes.
rossinhawaii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Prep Avocado Reply with quote Delete this post

If you cube the avocado and then grill it first it will hold its shape better when added to the mixture. Don't mush it and you'll have nice chunks of avocado in your stuffed pepper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: