Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green tea!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rachard1583

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Green tea! Reply with quote

Is any other food or drink reported to have as many health benefits as green tea?
Cancer Institute published the results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent. University of Purdue researchers recently concluded that a compound in green tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells. There is also research indicating that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.
BostonChef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Green Tea @ Starbucks Reply with quote

I definitely suggest trying the Green Tea Frappacino @ Starbucks. Order it non-fat for the lowest calories Smile
Lillatoni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just learned that green tea freshens fouls breath. I'd much rather drink some tea than chew on gum or suck on mint.
johncameron1985

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese have known the benefit of green tea since many years ago. It helps in headache and depression also. One research proves that with the help of green tea we can reduce our weight. Your weight loss planning can help you shed those extra pounds and give you many more benefits.
Stephen Fleming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Tea is very effective and good for health and has some benefits
1. It enhances immune system
2. It is good for burn fats
3. It helps in lower cholesterol
4. It also fights against heart disease
5. Moreover it is helpful in reducing the risk of cancer like skin, lung, breast and many more.
gerdella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much cholesterol is in egg whites as opposed to the yolks? One of my co-workers told me that there are equal amounts of cholesterol in both the white and the yolk. I told her that wasn't true because the yolk is what has all the calories, fat, and cholesterol in it, so I'm doing a good thing by eating egg white omelettes, as opposed to regular ones that include the yolk.

Last edited by gerdella on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

"One large egg has about 213 mg of cholesterol — all of which is found in the yolk."
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilbert wrote:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

"One large egg has about 213 mg of cholesterol — all of which is found in the yolk."

I don't know where Dr. Behrenbeck of the Mayo clinic got his numbers, but 213 mg is a LOT of cholesterol from a large egg. That's probably closer to a really big extra-large egg or a smaller jumbo egg. The USDA nutrient database lists the average cholesterol in a large egg (which weighs an average of 50 g out of the shell) contains 186 mg of cholesterol, all of which is in the yolk.
Symonds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well green tea is best for health because it has lot of benefits. It burns calories and fat easily. It is good to drink a cup of green tea daily. I love it. Thanks everyone for sharing such a useful information about green tea.
boobaloo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Kombucha drink made with green tea. Search for Kombucha benefits and you'll be impressed.
TheZman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boobaloo wrote:
Have you tried Kombucha drink made with green tea. Search for Kombucha benefits and you'll be impressed.

I was introduced to Kombucha this last summer by a good friend, very tasty and very good for you.
richhi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy to find this thread about green tea because I love green tea. It is not only an anti-oxidant that is very beneficial to health, it can also relax tired mind and body. It is also good for losing weight.
techmon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few calms the mind like a cup of fresh green tea. I tend to get impatient and use the hot just started to boil water to make it, which is a huge mistake. Green tea is most tasty when brewed at a lower temp. it tend to "burn the leaves" which isn't good.
diymonkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White tea is known to be even better. White tea is the same plant but the leaves are collected earlier.

Another very good "tea" is the Rooibos, and it's good for drinking in the evening because there's no caffeine in it (unlike the green tea)
jqueeng02

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: green tea Reply with quote

Grean Tea has a lot of health benefits. It has potential to fight cancer and heart diseases and many others... Well, I also love Starbuck's green tea frap as well!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum