Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Baker's Edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrench

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Love this pan Reply with quote

I got a Baker's Edge pan for Christmas, and have used it a dozen times since then. I simply love it. I love corner pieces and, while it does take a couple of batches to ensure you're getting just the right level of doneness, it's well worth the time. Chewey corners, crunchy top, gooey centers? It's almost like a two-layer brownie.
Rebecca

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: I love this pan Reply with quote

The biggest thing I love about this pan is that you can easily cut uniform pieces. When cutting a large pan, I am really bad about uneven cutting. This pan makes it easy.
My aunt bought this for pan for me for Christmas and I now use it any time I make brownies. I find it easier to have an even cooking through out the whole pan then when using a normal 9x13 pan.
But whether brownies are baked with a normal pan or a special pan like this, I love brownies no matter what Big smile
ruthie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: I never got it Reply with quote

See, this is why I never got, as in grocked, these pans -- I like the soft, chewy brownie with NO EDGES. Wink In fact, when I make them, or a sheet cake, even, I slice off all the edges and put them in my freezer to use for things like crumb toppings, crumb crusts or even rum/bourbon balls.

I've never known anyone who liked the edges, but, clearly, there are lots of crunchy edge lovers around.

However, I have thought about using this for mac and cheese, or polenta casseroles, things of that type, where even I like the crunchy edges. How do you think that would work? Is it deep enough for that to be feasible? Or are the dividing walls too low?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like crunchy edges.

I do brownies in a long rectangle . . . more edges....
ArbitraryUsername

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Brownies Reply with quote Delete this post

Perhaps someone could develop a pan based on a Klein bottle that would allow the baking of brownies that are all entirely edge-free, which is certainly how I prefer them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: