Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Buffalo Chicken Chili
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: How many does it serve? Reply with quote

Stacy wrote:
Can you give me a general idea of how many people this recipe can serve?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking of making it for a party I'm having this weekend.

Serving sizes are almost always posted at the bottom of each recipe just above the recipe summary table(s). Servings given are usually for main courses (recipes will stretch if served as an appetizer). Tony, the author of this recipe, says it will serve 6.
Sable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Buffalo Chili Reply with quote

I just want you to know, that I made your chili - with a few variations - for our yearly chili cookoff - and I won!!!
It was awesome. Thanks!
JINX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Awesone Recipe ! Reply with quote

Made this recipe a few weeks back for group of friends at a annual chili party....Everyone absolutely LOVED IT !
GO GO Buffalo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Double batch Reply with quote

I am entering this chili in contest in Canada and I'm pretty sure it's the hands down bring home the trophy chili. I will be making a double batch and want to know if 2 beers should be used since I am doubling everything. Being Canadian doubling the last beer while it simmers is a no brainer. But I not sure about doubling the beer to de-glaze.

Cheers
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the beer is used to deglaze the pan - and then reduced. so 'double the liquid' qty is not needed in the final recipe.

since it's reduced, one presumes the beer 'solids' would add a bit to the flavor, hence one beer only might lack some in that department - but most of the flavor from the deglaze is likely to come off the pan.

I'd deglaze with just one beer....
Animal Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Making this for a Chili Cookoff tomorrow - any suggestions? Reply with quote

I'm making this for a chili cookoff tomorrow. I've just found the recipe and have not tried it yet. Any suggestions???? Sounds good and I work with a lot of engineers so maybe this will be the winner. I haven't won for over 10 years (won twice before) so it's my year Laughing Out Loud
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Any suggestions????

well, perhaps a prototype would have been in order - doesn't sound like you've got time for that.

rather a lot of the nitpick differences between good and 'a winner' boils down to ingredients (hot sauce is not "hot sauce" - they all taste slightly different...) and technique (how browned is browned...)

so basically with no opportunity to "try then adjust" - give a go and good luck!
Lil' d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this site and this recipe! I have made many of your recipes, all have been great, but this one totally ROCKED. I used the pinto beans, otherwise, followed it pretty much to the letter and it was AWESOME!! Thank you!
Animal Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Winning Chili Recipe Reply with quote

I made this last year and came in 2nd.

I'm making again and hoping for first place ! People LOVED this Chili.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also used this recipe and tied for first place in a Chile Cook Off. The one thing I have found that works great in any Chile is the addition of Garbanzo beans (Chic Peas). These beans add a nice contrast to the otherwise mushy texture.

Enjoy.
LSmith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: chili cookoff winner Reply with quote

So I made the recipe for a superbowl chili cookoff contest with my friend and this recipe won by a landslide. It is so good with the perfect amout of heat. Love it! Thanks for the recipe and the title Chili Queen Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Chicken Chili Reply with quote

My husband made this the day before we went camping. Reheated it, put it into bread bowls, topped with the sour cream and chives. Our friends have been trying to top it ever since! Excellent Recipe!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Best Chilli Ever! Reply with quote

I've now made this amazing chili for the last three years. It has not only won my heart but also the hearts of everyone who tastes it. In any chili contest this recipe stands alone. I do substitute and modify some. Franks buffalo sauce is a great substitute for heat. I hope everyone else enjoys!
drednaught

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Great Recipe! Here's a beer suggestion Reply with quote

As engineerstudent mentioned, you want to make sure you use a beer that's not too hoppy. Google 'Beer Styles – IBU Chart' for a good graph of bitterness by beer style. I used a Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen, which is a German smoked beer that has a low IBU and an amazing smoky taste. Highly recommended.
gnasm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Thanks for the Great Recipe! Reply with quote

Just made this tonight for a Superbowl party/chili cook-off. I added a can each of kidney and black beans and doubled the hot sauce. The heat was perfect and it tasted oh so delicious topped with bleu cheese crumbles and some scallions!

I won the cook-off in a landslide vote, so add another award to this awesome recipe's string of victories!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: