Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few of my favorite things....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Yakima Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: A few of my favorite things.... Reply with quote

Berries, peaches, apples, nectarines.... pea pods (Oregon Giant is not only tastes good, but the size makes for an interesting presentation), green beans, tomatoes, salad, anything else edible I can grow in my backyard including nuts.... also thimbleberries, huckleberries, and other critters garnered from the wild..... although salmonberries are a bit bland.

Bison, beef, sheep, goat, Bambi, rabbit, birds, both domestic and wild.... I particularly like the taste of the one's that go "honk" or "quack" but don't eat them very often.... and I'm very fond of Chinook salmon being of the tradition that considers many other varieties of salmon as more suitable for bait. Nor will I turn away a good trout, shrimp, etc.

Potatoes, Basmati, Wild Rice, winter squash, summer squash.....

Cheese, yogurt, yogurt cheese, and cottage cheese.

Legumes. I've been known to make a dairy free "cheesecake" from homemade tofu for a friend who has a serious allergy to dairy foods.

I could probably live quite happily on bison, fruit, lamb, salmon and yogurt with some vegetables to go with it and the occasional rice or potato. I love cheeseburgers and french fries although I try to stay away from them because they are bad for me; I'm also fond of fish and chips, cakes, pies, and particularly cheesecakes, although they, too, are bad for me. Teasing

Things I won't eat now include pork (my religion doesn't like it, and my experience with the whole live hog makes it hard to eat the smartest critter in the barnyard.) I grew up eating it, which is why I can say that cougar tastes like the best pork you ever had, with the most perfect texture. Bear, on the other hand, smells bad and tastes worse; my opinion is that compared to bear, billy goat (the unneutered beast which tastes even worse than it smells) is a delicacy to be sought after.

I like mowitch, moolack (deer and elk, PNW fashion) and most such ruminants. I admit my prejudices, and share my Teutonic paternal grandfather's negative opinion of those who eat horses.

A somewhat humorous aside on that. Although my grandfather was born and raised on a remote Eastern Colorado ranch, he shared some ancestral prejudices; the large hop grower down the road was of somewhat remote French ancestry and my grandfather advised me to stay away from them after he found one of the family talking to me one day when I was riding; he sternly enjoined me that "those Frenchies eat horses" and I truly think he connected ancestral French culinary habits with a couple of local horse thefts!
robon222

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is an interesting post from you .. i dont like pork i prefer chicken and lamb
johncameron1985

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am addict of traveling and different kind of foods. Whenever i am free i prefer to long drive and eating my favourite foods like Italian, Thai, Asian etc. During the traveling i need to listen the music because i think that without music there is nothing in the world.
danesmith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: A few of my favorite things.... Reply with quote

The Yakima Kid wrote:
Legumes. I've been known to make a dairy free "cheesecake" from homemade tofu for a friend who has a serious allergy to dairy foods.
I'm sort of a tofu freak and I have to admit I've made one of those myself. It was actually quite good though mine didn't taste quite like cheesecake Wink
biggreeneggic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, tofu is one of the few things i DONT like! I can't get over the texture.
claire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so many different kinds of delicious food, I like Cheese, yogurt and cake most, they are wonderful.
icerand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a lot! I also love Lamb and Salmon. For fruits, my favorite are cherries and strawberries. for dessert, cheesecake is my addiction
MyrtleRodgers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite food is chocolate muffins. I try various recipes from guide minceur that is available on the internet. I am a big foodie and I love to taste a variety of recipes.
Cassy0110

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like chicken. I like pork.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum