Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Free Cookbook from Snubbr
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to edit Shiny Cooking's comment. Please, no links to external websites unless relevant to the topic (which, in the case of this article, I can't think of a reason why any link would be relevant except to one of the books or to Snubbr) or in your signature.
1BdKty

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: My choice Reply with quote

I would choose "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking" My fiance likes to cook but is not formally trained (yet). He loves bread as do I so I think a book that would allow us to bake delicious breads in our own kitchen would be fantastic!
cjpeacockbird

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have The Cake Mix Doctor! I'm always looking for ideas for using cake mix in unique ways, and this cookbook seems like it would be useful.
Theblogthatatenj

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: cookbook giveaway Reply with quote

I would like America's Test Kitchen Baking Cookbook or Betty Crocker's Cooky Cook Book. I enjoy baking cookies with my son, but I also bake bread, so either would be wonderful!
Shiny Cooking

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Chu wrote:
I had to edit Shiny Cooking's comment. Please, no links to external websites unless relevant to the topic (which, in the case of this article, I can't think of a reason why any link would be relevant except to one of the books or to Snubbr) or in your signature.

Sorry Michael! I didn't realize we weren't supposed to put links in our signatures. I've been subscribing to your site for quite a while but finally registered to post for this promotion, and by reflex I made the link my signature in my profile.

My apologies!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiny Cooking wrote:
Sorry Michael! I didn't realize we weren't supposed to put links in our signatures. I've been subscribing to your site for quite a while but finally registered to post for this promotion, and by reflex I made the link my signature in my profile.

My apologies!

No problem, don't worry about it at all.
hstanfi

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, would love to venture out and try the "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule" -- for my IBS/dairy-free friends. I just spent all weekend making over 100 cupcake pops....starting to become something of a "cupcake queen." Thanks!
danielcc

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking this site often (every time I open Firefox, in fact, as it's one of my home tabs), and it is an indispensable addition to my culinary arsenal. I yesterday used the recipe for Slow Simmered Barbecue Sauce (barbecued some ribs, as the weather has been very nice of late). Not to brown-nose too much, but I have to say: Michael, this site rocks, and thanks much for maintaining it!

As far as cookbook: I'd vote for the America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book (since I've already got Artisan Bread; also a great book). Aside from being one of the very few ATK books not on my bookshelf (HUGE ATK fan), I could definitely stand to improve my baking skills. I was initially going to say "brush up on", but that seems to imply some a priori knowledge of the art, which I lack (despite the help of Baking Illustrated); I know just barely enough to be dangerous. I'd really like to shore up that culinary weak spot, and I'd wager that ATK would be just the thing to help me out.
FranksPlace2

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: I'm going with Artisan in Five Reply with quote

The Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day would be great for me. I cook a lot of stuff but never got into baking. This is an opportunity to learn great new concepts for bread. And I love my bread, especially with barbecued shrimp.

Frank
frosty256

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get a hold of "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day." I've tried some basic concepts from this book with limited success, but I've heard such great things about it I'd love to master it.
GregLeg

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These books all look great. Artisan Breads in 5 Minutes a Day intrigues me, but I'd have to go with The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book -- we love our Cook's Illustrated subscription and the ATK books we already have.
aelinaur

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book" please! I love this website and I'm letting all of my family and friends know about it.
jonbelle

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to give Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a try. I cook regularly, and I love serving fresh bread with meals. But, in a couple of months, I'll be starting medical school and might be pressed for time. This book would give me a great chance to put great bread on the table more often--even with a busy schedule!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contest is over now. All submissions above this comment will be considered. I'll announce the winner when Snubbr makes their choice and has successfully contacted the winner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: