Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Pan Seared Scallops with Quick Roasted Red Pepp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooking For Fun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: I Loved It! Reply with quote

I replaced the sour cream with some ranch potato chip dip that I had in the fridge.(Dip is 99% sour cream) It turned out delicious. I used canned roasted peppers with the juice and substituted the lemon zest with lemon pepper seasoning. Thanks so much for a great recipe.

Kevin
Melissa from Foodista

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Best Food Blog Submissions Reply with quote

I've been following your blog for quite a while and enjoying your wealth of good recipes. When Foodista announced that they are going to publish the best food blogs in a full color book that will be published by Andrews McMeel Publishing Fall 2010, I naturally thought of you. This recipe would be a good submission! You can enter here: http://www.foodista.com/blogbook/submit

Cheers,
Melissa

melissa@foodista.com
Editor and Community Developer
Foodista.com -- The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This recipe was excellent!! Thanks for teaching me about cooking scallops - I just learned I was ALWAYS overcooking them.

We will be making this again.
msmooreski1

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Humor me? Reply with quote

I know this is obvious to everyone, but I was confused about the steaming after roasting (the red peppers). After the initial 15min of roasting, you take the peppers OUT of the broiler/oven/grill to steam them right? They are just hot enough on their own to sustain the 5-10 min of steam? They can just sit on the counter or whatever, in their foil pack?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Humor me? Reply with quote

msmooreski1 wrote:
I know this is obvious to everyone, but I was confused about the steaming after roasting (the red peppers). After the initial 15min of roasting, you take the peppers OUT of the broiler/oven/grill to steam them right? They are just hot enough on their own to sustain the 5-10 min of steam? They can just sit on the counter or whatever, in their foil pack?

Sorry, the instructions weren't too clear on this part. You aren't introducing any additional heating process (like steaming over a pot of simmering water) - you're just going to allow the peppers to steam in their own hot water vapor. Just take them out and wrap them in foil and let them rest on a trivet on your counter for 5-10 minutes. That should loosen up the skins.
cra509

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: steaming the peppers Reply with quote

One other trick to steaming the peppers is to put them in a plastic grocery bag after grilling and tying it closed very tight. Let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes and they will peel so easily.
John

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Roasted red peppers Reply with quote Delete this post

I roast my red bell peppper on the barbaque. Just put the peppers whole on the grill and turn them as the skin blackens. By keeping them whole all the delicious juice is retained. When they're done I wrap them in foil to cool. Place a bowl in the sink and put the peppers in a strainer. When you open them the juice just pours out. Remove the skin and place the peppers in a canning jar with the juice cut up some fresh garlic and add it to the jar with a little extra virgin olive oil. Refrigerate them until ready to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: