Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone thoughts on Vitamix?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luv2CUSmile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone thoughts on Vitamix? Reply with quote

Hi! I read this forum often but haven't joined because I never posted. I love the information and opinions I find here (when the animosity isn't flying- LOL)

I am looking to purchase a Vitamix very soon! My decision is made but I really just wanted to get a few other people's take on it versus the Healthmaster by Montel and the Blendtec. I have researched many differences as well as performance and have come to the conclusion that the Vitamix will be the best purchase for the money. Any input? Anyone out there who owns one? Would love to hear thoughts.

~Luv2CUSmile
Luv2CUSmile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Once... more Reply with quote

The Home show is in April where I will be able to see the Vitamix up close and personal again. This will be my 4th or 5th time seeing it in person and opportunity to purchase w/ S&H and possible special offers they may have for being on location... Would love some input before then. Has anyone else out here considered it as a purchase? Why? or Why not? Thx

~Luv
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a search on Vitamix

a couple folks here have posted about them
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like my Vitamix, but I can't answer your questions as I haven't used a Blendtec or Healthmaster before. Sorry.
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Vitamix and I have had it for 20 years. Works as good as new and I give it a beating. I got a second one five years ago--see below.

If you watch "Iron Chef" Vita-Mix is the blender you see them use most often.

I have a friend who got the healthmaster from an infomercial. It worked well for a few months, then died.

I got a commercial blendtec (18 amp model with noise reducing enclosure--over $1000) about five years ago that I was going to use in my pool cabana, but it didn't work well for my purposes, which was mostly frozen drinks and some light food prep. The problem was that it only had programmed cycles and didn't do what I wanted. I guess if you do the exact same recipe like Starbucks or other smoothie bars, it would be OK, but for a few drinks at a time that you make up kind of free-hand, it was not good. I even got their PC link custom programming module (you can make your own programs on your computer) and tried to make my own programs, but to no avail. It would have been very good if it had a manual speed control, which is the glaringly apparent thing it lacked. I spoke to Blendtec and they told me it was designed exactly the way they wanted it to be. So much for that. I got another Vitamix.

Last edited by GaryProtein on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Maxwar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For blender comparisons:

www.123vita.com

Site has videos comparing the major blenders.
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxwar wrote:
For blender comparisons:

www.123vita.com

Site has videos comparing the major blenders.

I hope these guys know what they are doing. They are having a blendtec/VitaMix conversion in 2011.

WHEN YOU LOOK DOWN INTO THE BLENDTEC CONTAINER, THE BLADES TURN CLOCKWISE

WHEN YOU LOOK INTO THE VITAMIX, COMMERCIAL WARING AND OTHERS THAT HAVE VITAMIX COMPATIBLE CONTAINERS, THE BLADES TURN COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum