Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone experimented with spherification?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petroskar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Anyone experimented with spherification? Reply with quote

Hello every one just found this forum and I am very pleased because I am an electrical engineer who is obsessed with cooking. Anyway, anyone here experimented with spherification? I tried two or three times with really awful results. I tried to make fake caviar from sour cherry juice and syrup, the caviar was stiff no matter how long I left it in the salt solution and no matter how well I rinsed the spheres. Also tried ravioli's because after an hour and a half standing still with a syringe dropping little spheres I got bored and with 200 mL of solution left so... Anyway the taste of the algi was overpowering in the ravioli and the film outside was either chewy or to thin that it was actually exploding. Anyone who has experimented with this method and had the same worst or better results please post your experiences here I want to get it right...
Richuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Spherification Instructions Reply with quote

Hey,

Check this youtube clip. It shows you a simple method for spherification.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZhTAUwCDW8

Good luck, and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum