Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Knife Covers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: knife covers Reply with quote

Please wash and dry your knives before you put them away. Covers or blocks. Leaving food on your blades is just as bad as putting them loose in your drawer.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: knife covers Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Please wash and dry your knives before you put them away. Covers or blocks. Leaving food on your blades is just as bad as putting them loose in your drawer.

Oh man, why would anyone leave food on their knives?
Knife Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Knife Guard for Cleavers Reply with quote

We sell the magnetic knife guards that can also fit a cleaver.
These can be cut to size for any knife.
Call us for more info.
800-714-8226

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not often that you google for a recommended product (edge-mag) and find that the patent for it is up for sale: http://www.freepatentauction.com/patent.php?nb=4092 - auction started in June and he doesn't look in massive hurry to sell (presumably unless the price is right).
mr drinkie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Another Knife Tray Reply with quote

After reading An Edge in the Kitchen, I ordered the drawer knife tray that the author recommended and I am really pleased with it. The design allows for holding eleven knives in a staggered fashion. I am actually going to order a second one for my knife drawer. One will hold Japanese knives that need to be wiped off frequently and the other will hold my European stainless blades.

Here is a link to one brand. There are other companies that make it with the same design too.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/wusthof-in-drawer-knife-holder.html
F Green

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Kitchen Knife Storage Reply with quote Delete this post

I have accumulated over 2 dozen different quality German, Swiss, Japanese, and French kitchen knives which I do alternatively use often. I've been looking everywhere for a rack that would hold this many different shaped knives safely yet handily for frequent use. Well, far as I can tell, there just anything available for such an array of different blades. So I decided and am designing my own device. It will be an upright transparent plexiglass cylinder (or could be squared) on a rotary device so I can turn it to whatever knife I decide to extract. It will be filled with very small upright plexiglass rods that can shift and move depending on the size of the blade. Depending on the size rods I use, I may round off the top ends so that the knives tract into the array of rods more easily. It will look smart and modern and be placed on the counter out of the way but in an area where I do alot of cutting. I guess I should patent it since I've read so many different comments by people looking for a way to handily store a larger number of blades.

F. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: