Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carbonboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

This has got to be the best thread on CFE. Thanks! Still won't eat this crap ever!

Carbonboy

www.carbonboy.com
tony

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat right , exercise,................ DIE ANYWAY!!!!!!!
scott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: wow what an argument Reply with quote

I love it what a link that other option with the heathy one was rubbish.
just eat drink and be happy love it love it love it and don't forget to enjoy AND GET A LIFE BE GLAD YOU CAN HAVE ANY FOOD.
Healthy Eater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Wonderful Recipe Reply with quote

Thank you for the great recipe! I did use the Campbell's 98% fat free soup, whole grain brown rice and added 8 ozs of reduced fat sour cream. I skinned the chicken thighs. My family loved it.
I am entertained by the critics that turn a recipe into a political issue to voice their negative comments. There are some people that have NOTHING TO DO!! GO COOK and change the recipe to fit your health issues and leave the others alone. You poor negative person, with the chip on your shoulder looking for a fight, you have an anger issue. No fight here, just a good recipe offered by a kind soul. What a world we live in today!!! Everyone interested in great recipes, remember when you find someone that has to gripe about any and everything, they have burdens that are weighing them down so offer a prayer for them and their needs. Be kinder than necessary; everyone is battling some kind of problem.
THIS RECIPE IS GREAT, but experiment with your ideas and ENJOY!!!
WTF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Carbon emmissions Reply with quote

The first anonymous poster is rude, sanctimonious, and obnoxious. Hey, its his choice. Must be a really happy, healthy sort of individual. Not!!! Takes his wages from the taxes contributed by actual productive self reliant working people. Not surprising, probably thinks he's entitled. His post evoked numerous responses, some angry. some well intended, and some just amazed that he has nothing better to do with his time...thats right working for the government and on his break. The problem with our country and world is not fat and salt laden food, big corporations and profits, but rather people like him who use/mis-use the valuable productive resources created by others for their own personal defecation. Personally, I hope he never reproduces (he probably is inclined in quite the opposite persuasion) and wish he would quit wasting what is left of the oxygen available to rest of us on this planet.
Chu thanks for the recipe post and blog.
janet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: chicken and rice Reply with quote

I absolutely loved the recipe! I loved the thorough directions, and the pictures!(I'm a visual person, so I enjoy pics to help me make sure I'm doing it right!). I will be checking this site for my future recipe needs because this recipe was so yummy!
bridgman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making this recipe now; still not sure what all the sodium fuss is about though. I used 8 chicken thighs and removed the skin before adding them to the pot.

No matter how many times I do the math, one can of soup across a number of servings doesn't seem like a problem, since there's no other salt in the dish besides a tiny amount in the butter.

Really liked the recipe as soon as I saw it... a nice mix of risotto-style preparation with one-pot-no-damn-stirring simplicity. For increased laziness I used parboiled rice and whatever vegetables were in the fridge, in this case a big carrot and half a red pepper. Also added a dollop of chili powder and mixed in the garlic powder because I wasn't paying attention to the recipe.

Unless I forget about the pot and leave it in the oven overnight I'm sure it will be great. Thanks !
bridgman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it was great. After all the sodium debate, though, it ended up needing a tiny bit more salt. One can of soup across ~6 servings really isn't that much salt per serving I guess.
Sunshine817

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: We are free to enjoy! Reply with quote

This message board was hilarious to me...I was just looking for that all- american creamy and comforting chicken rice recipe that I enjoyed as a child. I don't eat something like this very often and sometimes out of memory just want to revisit an old classic like this. It's a great cold weather comfort food. It's definatley important to be concerned with nutrition, but I must say that guy from 05' must have just had a bad day. I bet you he secretly eats it on a regular basis! Smile
DteK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most I came here for a chicken and rice recipe and got much more, including some goods laughs.

What lames worrying about what other people are doing with their lives.
What the hell is the point of living if all you do is worry about dying! Religious nuts are the same.

Everything in moderation seems to be the key for me. I guess if you cant practice such restraint, then abstaining altogether may be best for you.
LadyDeath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Love This Dish Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud wow...just looking for a specific chicken with rice recipe, this has got to be one of the most entertaining things I've read in a while...I'm sure that the health nuts will crucify me on this one, but...about eight years ago there was a product (maybe betty crocker) that in one box had rice, sauce, etc. all you had to add was chicken...does anyone else remember this? I would love to make my own version, as it's no longer on store shelves. It had a commercial with grandmas complaining about how quick and easy it was...help?
1bangbob2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: butter alt. Reply with quote

Just glancing on this site some of you must know about using ghee instead of regular. It has a higher smoke point, so less trans-fats.also most (or all if your good at making a batch yourself) impurities and water is absent from it. Plus the flavor and bouquet will make most not to want regular butter again. check out sites on making some, after a batch or two you'll get the hang of it. Oh a neat thing about Ghee is it lasts months without refrigeration! (some say years)
Kyle22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Great Site! Reply with quote

Recipe looks great. i love the site setup and the table of direction of ingredients at the end. that was very nice. and you can't go wrong if you following it.

to the other lonely retards... at 6am? lol that's the site's time it's not 6am everywhere at the same time anyway.. you need to try hard and start thinking...

and maybe people in a cooking class, or college or holiday or any occasion could be cooking at ANY time.

6am... kinda sounds like cooking, um.. BREAKFAST for a lot of people.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this take on an old recipe. Think I will experiment with it some tonight. Love the blog! I make your beef stroganoff regularly.
dman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: baked chicken and rice Reply with quote

I used this the other day - thank you it was nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: