Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waterless Cooking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faireman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Waterless Cooking Reply with quote

Having just sat through a county fair demo of waterless cooking sets (Americraft) and watched two retirees on fixed incomes pull out their checkbooks and hand over 10% of their annual social security benefit, I'm wondering are these sets worth the money???? It's like $300-500/pot with lid.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>worth the money?

not even close. it's a gigantic MLM scheme.

it's a stainless steel pot/pan/container with a disc to distribute the heat better than thin stainless steel.

ask the simple question: what makes it different from the $40 pot ?
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Waterless Cooking Reply with quote

Faireman wrote:
Having just sat through a county fair demo of waterless cooking sets (Americraft) and watched two retirees on fixed incomes pull out their checkbooks and hand over 10% of their annual social security benefit, I'm wondering are these sets worth the money???? It's like $300-500/pot with lid.

I warmed up some frozen veggies last night for the boys in a 12 dollar handmedown pot without water. Just used melted butter.

Biggles
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBiggles, I'm sure you would have noticed a great improvement in taste and texture when warming those frozen vegetables if you had used waterless cookware with at least 7 plies.

Everybody knows the better waterless cookware has at least 7 plies. I would have thought you would have known that, too. Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryProtein wrote:
DrBiggles, I'm sure you would have noticed a great improvement in taste and texture when warming those frozen vegetables if you had used waterless cookware with at least 7 plies.

Everybody knows the better waterless cookware has at least 7 plies. I would have thought you would have known that, too. Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud

Don't forget that weird funky oil layer in between the tri-ply and the quad-ply layers... it cures cancer, causes you lose weight, and strengthens the immune system (because the oil is inside the pan instead of on the pan!) Laughing Out Loud
danicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Chu wrote:
GaryProtein wrote:

Don't forget that weird funky oil layer in between the tri-ply and the quad-ply layers... it cures cancer, causes you lose weight, and strengthens the immune system (because the oil is inside the pan instead of on the pan!) Laughing Out Loud

I agree with this one. But could it really lose your weight?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum