Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac vs Wusthof?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Showa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Mac vs Wusthof? Reply with quote

Comments on this?
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Wusthof knives. You won't go wrong with either.

There is a large variation in sharpness of knives from various manufacturers as they come "new, out of the box." What counts is how well you sharpen the knives. After all, the knife only has its "out of the box edge," the first time you use it. After that, it's up to you.
markr37

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is the MAC knives perform better because of the steep edge they have out of the box. Mac also uses harder steel which helps keep the edge sharp over time.

I have tried all of MAC's line and the professional outperforms the lower priced superior line and the higher end forged "ultimate" line.

Get this one http://www.chefknivestogo.com/macpr8hoedch.html.
Newcook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the Wusthof Classic Ikon series compare do you think? Any tests and comparisons I have seen always use the Wusthof Classic. The Classic Ikon uses a X50CrMoV15 stainless steel and a more eastern style thin design. Has anyone used these blades?
danicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried using wusthof classic before, it pretty good for me. but i love using mac i am satisfied on it so far. Big smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a chef's knife and pairing knife from the classic ikon series. I can keep the knives extremely sharp, and they are very comfortable. Probably a better value for these. they are a bit on the heavy side compared to the older Wustofs but I do prefer them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum