Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whipped Cream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Engineer Speak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldhitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Whipped Cream Reply with quote

I whipped cream yesterday and noticed small gray colored specks running through the cream and wondered if there had been ants in the powdered sugar. Upon closer inspection, these specks appeared to melt on my finger and just disappear. However they gave a "buggy" appearance to the whipped cream and i just couldn't serve it that way on top of the pie I made.
Can anyone explain what happened?
deb4523

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often, whipped cream will get very small gray specks from the beater hitting the bowl and bringing bits of the metal into the cream. This may have been your problem.
FemChemEng

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Specks in whipped cream... Reply with quote

... should have been little specks of butter, as butter has always been produced by whipping (fresh or sour) cream. Also the fact that they melted on your finger tips support my thesis Smile
Advice: Don't whip any longer than necessary and whip rather at slow speed.
Best regards from Vienna, Austria, Europe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Engineer Speak All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum