Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Garnishing And Food Plating Books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CookNewb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Best Garnishing And Food Plating Books Reply with quote

Hello all! I am looking for recommendations of books about garnishing and plating. I've often heard the advice "eat with your eyes", meaning make sure that the dish looks appetizing. In a restaurant, plating is as importamt as the quality of the dish, so I am looking to buy a book on the topic.
SirShazar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only book I've read about plating was Working the Plate: The Art of Food Presentation. The pictures are gorgeous, and it demonstrates the plating techniques of several different disciplines.

Before you buy any books, I would recommend reading the plating and presentation topic on eGullet:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=63947
CookNewb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! Excellent resources!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum