Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric Frying Pan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gvhorwitz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Electric Frying Pan Reply with quote

I use a cast iron frying pan to fry chicken and it's a pain, Put the chicken in and the temp goes down raise it and then it goes up too far. I'm sure the solution is an electric Frying pan.

What kind to any of you recommend and why?

Thanks,

Greg
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Don't be so sure Reply with quote

We received an electric frying pan as a gift years ago and I've used it a few times to fry chicken and it seems to have the same problem you're complaining about now -- the thermostat isn't very fast, and the heating element tends to make things too hot too quick. I've pretty much abandoned it for that purpose and went back to my standard frying pan.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Frying Pan Reply with quote

gvhorwitz wrote:
I use a cast iron frying pan to fry chicken and it's a pain, Put the chicken in and the temp goes down raise it and then it goes up too far. I'm sure the solution is an electric Frying pan.

Thanks,

Greg

"They" work great and have used them for years for that and many other things. It's all about the "they" that you choose. I find mine ebay mostly and look for the ones that are made of stainless, tend to be thicker and hold/distribute the heat evenly. I've got a newish one that's pretty darned cheap and it really only cooks directly over the element, it's stoopid.

Farberware makes some outstanding ones, usually made many years ago.

Biggles
gvhorwitz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies. I imagine that Farberware is nice, we grew up with the stuff, even the coffee pot was the best.

Thanks Again,

Greg
dsbernhardt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Frying Pan Reply with quote

DrBiggles wrote:
gvhorwitz wrote:

Thanks,

Greg

"They" work great and have used them for years for that and many other things. It's all about the "they" that you choose. I find mine ebay mostly and look for the ones that are made of stainless, tend to be thicker and hold/distribute the heat evenly. I've got a newish one that's pretty darned cheap and it really only cooks directly over the element, it's stoopid.

Farberware makes some outstanding ones, usually made many years ago.

Biggles

I love my big Farberware electric frying pan -- I've had it for 20 years and use it all the time.

If I had to buy another, though, I'd research carefully, since many Farberware products have suffered a big reduction in quality over the last 10 years or so. Not sure whether this is because they are now made offshore, or what, but I think I'd look for an older model first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum