Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmdp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Nice concept Reply with quote

Too bad tou serve so many pop ups with your recipes.
PLONK!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what we have here is a user failure / inability / inexperience to block pop ups. here is no different than anywhere else on the web.

jeesh, I haven't seen one popup, not o-n-e........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it ok to just put frozen chicken breast tenderloins straight into the brine, or does it need to be thawed first? Thanks.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Is it ok to just put frozen chicken breast tenderloins straight into the brine, or does it need to be thawed first? Thanks.

yup. keep refrigerated for anything more than 30 minutes or so.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Is it ok to just put frozen chicken breast tenderloins straight into the brine, or does it need to be thawed first? Thanks.

You can definitely thaw the chicken breast in the brine, but the duration of the soak time will have to be adjusted through experimentation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use lite salt, for those on low sodium diets?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Can you use lite salt, for those on low sodium diets?

Yes, but your chicken will be lower in sodium.
kelly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: grilled chicken breasts Reply with quote

do these cook well without olive oil? i don't think i've ever grilled chicken that wasn't rubbed in olive oil. does it affect the end result?
Jeanne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Brine then marinate? Reply with quote

I am prepping for a big party and am grilling 100 chicken breasts for a four hour OPEN HOUSE. Call me crazy!!??
I am a bit concerned about dry chicken. Can you brine, then drain and marinate? Or will marinate do the trick. If so, what would you recommend for timing. I planned on marinating the chicken for 24 hrs. prior to grill time.

I have a grilled pepper lime chicken recipe with fresh lime juice/cracked pepper/hot sauce/onion marinate. I have Costco boneless skinless chicken breasts-I would like have some 'on deck' to place in the oven on warm, while I wait to restock chafing dish.

Any advise? Suggestions
Jean[/b]
shaypop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: chicken recipe Reply with quote

that was delicious. thanks
anon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: kosher chicken Reply with quote

Does kosher chicken need to be brined? I seem to recall that salting is part of the kashering process.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: kosher chicken Reply with quote

anon wrote:
Does kosher chicken need to be brined? I seem to recall that salting is part of the kashering process.

Kosher chicken is salted already. I don't recommend brining it full strength since it will taste overly salty then. You can try soaking it in plain water or water with a little bit of salt in it to "plump" it up before cooking.
jmcharry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do this, but took to using equal parts of salt and sugar. The amounts aren't critical. I only brine for a maximum of two hours, usually only one. Then I found out this can really be jazzed up by adding a key lime and clove of garlic, and smashing them with a mallet before adding the water. I usually don't add any additional spices and use an instant read thermometer to avoid over cooking.
dlsinchi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: worked out great Reply with quote

This worked well...finally chicken I can eat on my diet that is actually good. I had time to brine tenderloins for only half an hour. Will do it longer next time. The cayene and cinnamon make it look tasty too!
lanlord5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: great! Reply with quote

worked out really well for me. I used a derivative of this recipe to make some oven-baked chicken strips. came out pretty well for my first time ever cooking chicken in an oven. the brine really helps. what effect would adding some kind of vinegar have? preparing the brine and stuff was a nice break from diff. eq. homework. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: