Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: rice krispy treats Reply with quote

I love these things. I use a whole stick of butter!!! An extra handful of marshmallows and when I take the melted mixture off of the heat, I add a teaspoon or more of pure vanilla extract. Soooo good.

For Christmas do the same with cornflakes and green food coloring. Shape into wreaths or drop from a teaspoon to look like holly. Add red cinnamon candies to each for berries. People love them but have no idea what they are. Fun to see their reactions when told.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Rice Crispy treats were hard as taffy, perhaps it was because my marshmellows were a year old?
carolsue071@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Rice krispy wedding cake Reply with quote

My grandaughter and her hubby to be love the treats so they have decided they want a wedding cake made of krispy treats.
Does anyone have ideas?????
cathy aylott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: rice crispy squares Reply with quote

i was wondering is is possible to freeze this wonderful treat and for how long could it be kept in the freezer?????? thank you cathy aylott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! it helped a whole lot on my demo speech!
agk9999

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Crispy treats Reply with quote

I like to use marshmallow cream and before adding the cereal, I add a bit of vanilla extract. I found that putting them in the refrigerator makes them last a bit longer and they taste wonderful. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Mix in Candy Corn Reply with quote

Thanks for the site. Engineers cook differently, so this is very enjoyable.

One of my gifted friends uses candy corn in the crispies. They taste really good.
wowzer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vote for not removing offensive posts, I cracked up reading "that" one. Laughing Out Loud we're all adults here, aren't we?
tulwave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Rice Krispie Treat Reply with quote

I love making rice krispie treates at home with the kids, but I find they make insane gifts for clients because they are very inexpensive and well received. Try the Cripery for ideas.
nazerah99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: yay! halal marshmallows! Reply with quote

before i moved to toronto, i used to substitute marshmallow cream for the marshmallows (just zap in the microwave for a shorter time). but honestly, you can't beat the *gooeyness* of marshmallows. i'm glad we get halal marshmallows in toronto ($2.29/bag at iqbal foods) Teasing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Michael,

Thanks so much for this website and for sharing your recipes. I'm anxious to try them.

Every one loves rice crispy squares. Unfortunately, I can't have them anymore, because I've become diabetic and they have a ton of sugar in them. But I still make them for my sons ocasionally.

I have a tip for making these. One thing I've found that helps is lightly spraying my hands with non-stick cooking spray, such as Pam, and then the rice crispy mixture won't stick to my hands as I press them down in the pan. A person could even spray a bit on wax paper or on the spatula in order to make them spread out easier without all the stickiness. :-)

Thanks again,
B.
Amanda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Crispy treats with no butter? Reply with quote

I have an 18 month old daughter with milk protein allergies. I need a version of making this treat with out butter. Any suggestion? I appreciate any help i can get.
Amanda
P.S. she does not like peanut butter
Mpls_Krispy_Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Has Kellogs cut the butter content? Reply with quote

Has Kellogs (in the US) reduced the butter content?

I made them yesterday from a box of cereal bought the same day and the recipe called for 3 Tbsp. butter, yet most online versions call for 4 Tbsp. They seemed to get real hard, real fast, so I'm assuming the reduced butter contributes to it. Microwaving for about 30 seconds on half power made them instantly soft again.

I usually buy them from the local grocery store and the ones they sell remain at a fairly consistent softness with nominal sealing. It's a "better" grocery and they are made in their in-house bakery, so I don't think there's too many space-age food chemicals.

I'm tempted to add in about 4-6 Tbsp. granulated lecithin to a batch to see if it will emulsify the butter with the marshmallows a little better.
knittnrose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: rice crispy treats Reply with quote

I just made the recipe. They look great. I had eaten some of the marshmallows. but it still seemed to work out ok. I used the chocolate
chips, and put them into two smaller sqare pans since I didn't have
a large one. (I also used the store brand crispy rice, was half the price, and tastes great to me).

Thank you , I remember these from the 1970s also. Cool.
RC
Mpls_Krispy_Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Kellogs cut the butter content? Reply with quote

Mpls_Krispy_Fiend wrote:
Has Kellogs (in the US) reduced the butter content?

I've since made two more batches using the traditional recipe of 4 Tbsp butter and have found they keep their softness a lot longer (they don't stay around the house more than a day or two).

Still haven't thrown any lecithin in, don't think its necessary with the right amount of butter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: